minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
recently been reviewing some older dubstep/grime (?) records from 04 05 .. benga dose/skank , skream elektro, plastcman stuff... anyone got a good sugestion for a mix or any other big tracks from this era?

nomos

Administrator
benga, skream and plasticman did mixes for big apple between 02 and 04. really really good stuff. if you can't find them floating around let me know, i've been meaning to put them up on riddim.ca (maybe this weekend i can dig them up and do it)

labels: check road, soulja, terrorhythm. artists: early macabre unit, menta, hatcha, slaughter mob, some darqwan/oris jay, dj oddz, eastwood, big$hot. some of the 8-bar stuff fits right in.

EDIT: barefiles has the skream one. i can do the others soon

Last edited:

alex

Do not read this.
Where/When can I buy these?

whoa, erm, not too sure if you can 2bh mate, if you did they probably wouldnt sound like they do in that vid, he was doing some fucked live remixing that night (the way any worthwile ableton dj should)

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Youngsta did a lovely oldschool set last week on Rinse, it's here. so good to hear loefah 'woman' and 'third choice remix', mala 'chaimba', 'give jah glory' and '10 dread commandments', skream 'deep concentration' again.

alex

Do not read this.
sorry for the o, thanks though, that is going on the 'youngpod shuffle' (full of youngsta sets that I mistakenly deleted, but are still on there, I have a nano for house & THAT purely for the youngsta sets.)

ether

The oneman interview on blackdowns blog is great. one of the best interviews i've read in ages.

it's great to hear people talk about playing records with alot of consideration and passion and really struck me how unconservative and backward/forward thinking people like Alexander nut, ben ufo. brackles, shortstuff, etc. have been over the last year+ I get the feeling people don't want to go to a dance and hear the same rhythm all night long. people seem to vibe of any kind of continuity being broken and styles being changed up they're more hungry for it and feel a safe enough distance from early garage and house to draw for it without being too derivative or feeling the need to play 'up-front' all the time.

Last edited:

Nii-Teiko

nii-o
hello

the new Ginz and Kool Money Kwame 12" is not very good at all. hopefully that'll put to bed those disrespectful rumours regarding Joker's music

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Oneman's adeptness at DJing shouldn't surprise anyone. He's one of the only DJs who isn't also a producer.