drug warning stories

N

nomadologist

I figured "moshers" was from "moshing", but it didn't seem to fit what I knew

swears

preppy-kei
This goes back at least ten years in Britain. A "chav" will call another kid a "mosher" if they see them with long hair, one of those wallet chains, baggy jeans, a Korn hoodie, etc, etc and will sometimes give them a kicking for no reason.

N

nomadologist

I think both of those types in the U.S. would fall under the general "white trash" umbrella

swears

preppy-kei
They do here too, probably because we've become a lot more like the US since the 80s. It's your bank balance as opposed to your accent, people want to be seen as down to earth and "working class" but also wealthy at the same time.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
They do here too, probably because we've become a lot more like the US since the 80s. It's your bank balance as opposed to your accent, people want to be seen as down to earth and "working class" but also wealthy at the same time.

Hence the 'bling-bling' vulgar-display-of-what-wealth-you-have aspect of chav 'culture': designer sports clothes, chunky gold jewelry, flashy cars etc.

swears

preppy-kei
If Nirvana had never formed in the first place, and there had never been the "alternative" rock boom of the 90s, then rock would sound very different today. I mean, would indie or emo or metal be the same? I know these things existed before Nirvana, but they went a long way towards popularising them over the last fifteen years.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Oh sure, it's a kind of a what-if situation - I just meant in terms of skinny, floppy-haired, mascara'd blokes playing raucous, vaguely punky guitar pop and wailing angstily, rather than the specifics of the sound.

swears

preppy-kei
I dunno about some of these emo bands like My Chemical Romance or Death at the Disco or Boy Kill Boy or whatever, they sound like really polished stadium rawk with miserable lyrics. Still not as bad as "The _____" bands though.

tryptych

waiting for a time
yeah, isn't PMA really dangerous? like, slightly too much and yr dead?

PMA is dangerous because it is both a serotonin releaser (like MDMA) and a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). At high levels the concurrence of these attributes creates serotonin syndrome, which can lead to extremely high body temperature with all the associated negative symptoms.

Coupled with a low therapeutic index makes it quite a dangerous drug.

I'm curious as to how prevalent PMA is currently, there were a spate of deaths in 2001. I'd be suprised if there was much going round at the moment - if there was there'd be deaths in the media and the medical press. The only recent report is from Australia this year of one death.

tryptych

waiting for a time
Since we've moved onto actual stories that put you off drugs rather than drug-war propaganda, a friend of a friend:

Attempted to snort half an E. Forgot the all important crushing up stage, half a pill lodged in his nose over the next day as it slowly dissolved.

This is truly vile:

On a traveller's site, k-heads blew their snot against the metal wall of a toilet block. On individual, out of ketamine, was so desperate as to scrap off the dried snot, crush it up and re-snort the mixture....

swears

preppy-kei
The boy from Prague on cake that got hit by a tram because he though he had a month to cross the street.

It's a fookin' disgrace.

vimothy

yurp
Attempted to snort half an E. Forgot the all important crushing up stage, half a pill lodged in his nose over the next day as it slowly dissolved.

This is truly vile:

On a traveller's site, k-heads blew their snot against the metal wall of a toilet block. On individual, out of ketamine, was so desperate as to scrap off the dried snot, crush it up and re-snort the mixture....

That is rank - they're both rank

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ooh, I've got a good one.

A FOAF was at a club once, already completely wasted (just on booze, I think) and decided it'd be a good idea to take a pill. So he swallows it but it immediately comes back up, along with a significant quantity of stomach contents, into his pint glass. Unperturbed, he proceeds to drink his puke to reclaim the pilly goodness. Not surprisingly, it doesn't stay down for long, although by this time he's made it to the bogs. He re-pukes into the bowl and then starts scooping the pukey bog-water into his mouth in order not to 'waste' this pill, which he wouldn't have felt anyway due to the booze and must have cost him, ooh, all of three or four quid.

Pure class.

N

nomadologist

and i thought i'd seen it all when i watched junkies go through their garbage to scrap bags up into a shot

DJL

i'm joking
About ten years ago myself and friends used to frequent a house club every weekend for several months and took lots of pills. One friend would only ever need to take one and would be way more fucked than any of the rest of us. When fully up on the pill his eyes would roll right back and his chin would be in a position you would not think possible. He would also need to be guided around by one or two of us while in this state and would only be able to walk at a stupidly slow pace. We all found it very amusing and he continued to do pills with us despite their affect on him.

After a few episodes of this people began to clock him from previous occasions and he started to become a bit of a celebrity amongst the regulars! The peak was one night where, while walking him through the large chillout area, the 1-200 resting ravers applauded as we moved through...