benjybars

village elder.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change the title of this thread.

it's so shit.

really, really shit.

just call it the football thread.

thanks.

nomos

Administrator
adebayor is a fucking brilliant player. you didn't need yesterday to tell you that either.
it's too bad he's so fickle about showing it or he could have stayed happy at arsenal. we'll see how he does when city hit a dry patch. thankfully, we've now got arshavin who can pull off that sort of footwork (and find the net at the end) on a more regular basis. i wish he'd been there yesterday though :rolleyes:

EDIT: I was just reminded about Adebayor's stomp on Fabregas' ankle early in the first half. Less easy to guess the intent on that one but it was obviously reckless.

Last edited:

benjybars

village elder.
also, allow wording the poll to suggest that wanting change the title means you're boring and functional!!

there's nothing 'colourful' about the current title.

oh my days. i think this is the emotional i've ever been on a forum. :eek:

jenks

thread death
In a boring and functional moment i voted for change.

Still slightly glum about the way we rolled over to Utd from such a promising start. Let's hope we're not going to miss Modric that much every match.

sufi

lala
sorry i voted no change but i really despise manyoo and footer on the whole
having glanced at benjy's impassioned pleas i would propose call it:
'up the arse forever' or something and then change it again next year

scottdisco

rip this joint please
nice goals from Anelka and that boy Ronaldo last night.

You can ask 100 people, 99 will say it is very bad and the hundredth will be Mark Hughes.

well said Arsene, it gets worse every time i watch it.
deeply shaming stuff for Kit-Kat Hughes to defend.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
ITV love Liverpool (and United for that matter), i have a wild-eyed conspiracy theory involving Clive Tyldesley and a midnight cross-roads.

Inter continue their record of every game they've ever played under Mour being boring (those two goals Zlatan scored at Palermo last season were alright mind)

nomos

Administrator
that arsenal game didn't do much for confidence. relying on their 3rd string keeper and going down by 2 in the first 5 minutes. then mounting a none-too-convincing comeback involving an obvious handball. very strange and controversy filled start to the season.

mos dan

fact music
sorry i went with a change too. though i entirely hear the calls for keeping it, confusing tho it may be to outsiders (and to me, initially)

ran into prancehall watching the arsenal game in our local yesterday. elijah is arsenal too. question: is arsenal the grime team of choice? despite notable exceptions (wiley=spurs, riko=man u)

don_quixote

Trent End
ok, well liverpool and arsenal are playing on the same days in this year's group stage. are they going to evenly balance it or are we going to get liverpool vs the world every other week?

i imagine next time round it'll be man utd vs wolfsburg (and fair enough)

then it's got to be chelsea vs atletico. if they go for cska vs man utd that would be mad, right?

then it's lyon vs liverpool or arsenal vs az?

man utd vs besiktas or porto vs chelsea?

liverpool vs fiorentina or olympiakos vs arsenal?

it makes it all the more baffling why they've picked the liverpool match now, because the next two look like shoo ins for the liverpool selection. maybe they're only going to show the games in england to cut down on costs cos they aint got no cheese no more.

oh, and have they sacked pleat?

crackerjack

ok, well liverpool and arsenal are playing on the same days in this year's group stage. are they going to evenly balance it or are we going to get liverpool vs the world every other week?

i imagine next time round it'll be man utd vs wolfsburg (and fair enough)

then it's got to be chelsea vs atletico. if they go for cska vs man utd that would be mad, right?

then it's lyon vs liverpool or arsenal vs az?

man utd vs besiktas or porto vs chelsea?

liverpool vs fiorentina or olympiakos vs arsenal?

it makes it all the more baffling why they've picked the liverpool match now, because the next two look like shoo ins for the liverpool selection. maybe they're only going to show the games in england to cut down on costs cos they aint got no cheese no more.

oh, and have they sacked pleat?

itv used to show the other match on one of their digital channels. now it's gone back to sky, so they have one game only for every round of matches. so they're bound to play safe - i expect their figures show liverpool games get more viewers than the arse, and utd more than chelsea, so...