urbanite

subnoto
I bought them from Juno and didn't expect them to have put dubplate specials up for sale. I wouldn't have bothered if I had known.

How does that even happen?

Just started thinking about maybe moving to digital if just for practice sake's... it's a lot easier carrying just a computer and some control vinyl as I travel quite a bit...

Tim F

Cobretti, all my old articles are lost in the mists of the internet unfortunately - the Outkast one I'm glad about though as it wasn't very good if I recall.

Crofton, also check out:

Sticky ft. Marvin Brown - Jack It Up
Any Maxwell D vocals e.g. "Don't Be Alarmed" over Scotty D's "Liberty"
Leo - Sweet Music (Crazy Cousinz Remix)

Also Mad.One's new Donae'o-ish track "Keep On Dancing" which is AMAZING. But almost certainly not released yet in any way shape or form. (Check Marcus' December 2nd show)

Mad.One, Funkystepz and Scotty D definitely all in line for Ill Blu-style write-ups.

Tim F

Re Funkystepz, I'm not quite sure what to think of the really bassy track that ends Rinse10 - strikes me as a bit of a funky equivalent of breakbeat garage.

OTOH I heard another new track from them recently that was absolutely smashing so I'm not terribly worried. (and I quite like that Rinse10 track anyway, so...)

benjybars

village elder.
MUSWELL HILL?!

serious?

shame i'm ten thousand miles away.

and shame people got shot there.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Re Funkystepz, I'm not quite sure what to think of the really bassy track that ends Rinse10 - strikes me as a bit of a funky equivalent of breakbeat garage.

)

On a breakbeat garage tip, was very disappointed by zinc's 128 trek. Basically ALL he did was slow it down. Cop out.

Wonderful article on Ill Blu by the way :)

Mad.One, Funkystepz and Scotty D definitely all in line for Ill Blu-style write-ups.
Nice. Looking forward to that. Would love to read you writing with the same detail on Mos Wanted Mega (I know you already reviewed Diffrent Lekstrix but he's got a heap of big new tunes that put him on a whole new level).

alex

Do not read this.
Hi Dissensus gangdem!

Done a show on sub.fm the other day, ran through a couple of Deep House tunes I have been feeling recently, and a few I dug out from Net-labels. Also, [Funky] Hackkman joined me on the show, and introduced a few of his tunes that I had got cut to dubplate, which was cool. Tom Lea also ran through his top 10 of 2009, then we just jumped in the mix for the last bit, will upload when I get home 2night!

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Ill Blu have done more stuff than I thought. I also didn't realise that they were more than one person.

Time To Get Nasty - :mad::D

Edit - I misspelled the word 'nasty' *facepalm*

Tim F

My Ill Blu discography is incomplete! Several further tracks I have since discovered:

Ill Blu - Money & Girls
MJ Cole - Gotta Have It (Ill Blu Remix)
Suncycle ft. Mavado - No More (Ill Blu Remix) - though this seems to be a fleshed out vocal version of "Dragon Pop"
Steve Hoang - No Coming Back (Ill Blu Remix)
Platnum - Trippin' (Ill Blu Remix)

Plus their new productions for Princess Nyah's mini-album, the few of which I've heard sound great (better than any of the above in fact).

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Dusk + Blackdown Rinse FM UKG + funky Christmas special tomorrow night at 11pm ft very special guests. This is your 36hour advanced warning!!!!

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Blackdown

nexKeysound
So the line up for the Dusk + Blackdown UKG + funky Christmas special 11pm tonight on Rinse.fm is Dusk + Blackdown v LHF v Kowton v El-B v Joy Orbison. :)