Benny Bunter

Great article again Tim, keep em coming.

I can feel a big Funky mp3 d/l splurge coming on with all these recommendations. Does anyone know if the dubplate wonder tunes available through his myspace are 320s?

edit: and how about that huge windswept drone section at the end of 'I wonder '09 mix' thats on his myspace? Mental!

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Yeah I enjoyed the article too, got a link to the Wonderland '09 mix?

on his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/dubplatewonder

Seems like the links are down for those downloads he's got advertised on his myspace blog though. Anyone know where I can get them?

edit: Ah sorry you meant the mix Tim mentioned on his blog didn't you? Would like to hear that myself actually, google search came up with dead links.

Last edited:

franz

same reason for posting a bit of a year end thing here as in the dubstep thread... perhaps even more curious about what people dug in house/funky because it really feels like yr experience could be totally different depending on what radio shows you bothered to follow, etc.

hardhouse banton - remix of take me away by louise williams/turn it around
urban nerds - kiss me there feat. farah
ill blu - dragon pop/rider
pearson sound/ramadanman - plsn/grab somebody
scratcha dva - god made me phunky/natty
geiom - sugar-coated lover
gucci vump - sha, shtil! (L-VIS 1990 remix)
egyptrixx - just say really (bok bok remix)
fuzzy logic - in the morning/lush remix
screama (screamer?) - summerbreeze feat. fefe (no idea about spelling on this one... nothing on internets about it that i can find... i have a hard time believing it's the 'screama' of 'funky gangster' but i guess it must be)

really hope other people will put up a few of their favourites, i'm quite sure i missed a lot (had no idea about that Wonder mix for example, very happy that didn't slip by).

also very hard not to comp for sexy sexy... so i guess that makes 11

wise

bare BARE BONES
Has anyone got the tracklist for Dubplate Wonder - Wonderland 09 mix?

I need the names of those instrumental tunes!

continuum

smugpolice
more uk funky like this please
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

benjybars

village elder.
nice one.
so i guess Kiss is a Screama track and not Audio Nerds...

that Kiss track is so fucking good! proper anthem

edit - the next Screama track is heavy aswell. top producer.

and that Marcus track 'drip' is very big aswell.

Majestic's bars about safe sex - 'had sex with a german girl, now you got syphilis - danke shane' haha

Last edited:

Tim F

Yeah "Kiss Me There"is by Screama and some other dude I forget right now. They called themselves Urban Nerds, but didn't realise there was already a group with this title - hence the confusion.

My favourite bit of Majestic's safe sex rhyme is when he goes "This silly billy got a case of chlamiddy!"

mrfaucet

The Ideas Train
I realise this is a bit vague, but Shortstuff played this track 3 or 4 tracks into his set at Fabric last night that had this melody played by something that sounded a bit like a theremin. Anyone have any ideas what it is?

nomos

Administrator
Mak10 live Montreal on NYE :D Very sorry I coudln't go.

mak10montreal2up.jpg

2 part download at: http://www.riddim.ca/?p=325. No MC unfortunately.

Last edited: