hint

party record with a siren
Kele Le Roc & Blackai - That Rhythm

<object height="18" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player...alse&player_type=tiny&font=Arial&color=59915a"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" height="18" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player...alse&player_type=tiny&font=Arial&color=59915a" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object>

(not for the serious tracky boys :p)

unknown soulja

Wild Horses
yeah we need some more info on that one!

Yeah doesnt seem to be on UKFunky.com (the least attractive/navigable site ever) and the other stuff of his that is on there is pretty gaaaaash.

Remember seeing you mention that Dex had built some funky tracks a while back Jack, what were they like?

jackmaster

time, space, transmat
Yeah doesnt seem to be on UKFunky.com (the least attractive/navigable site ever) and the other stuff of his that is on there is pretty gaaaaash.

Remember seeing you mention that Dex had built some funky tracks a while back Jack, what were they like?

It was just one tune really, called Follow Me. It's hard as nails. It's on the album he just released digitally. I don't really like the vocal but I managed to get a dub off him which is so much better.

There's a DJ Naughty remix using the vocal which I think is amazing though.

We are supposed to be doing a vinyl release for him but every time I speak to him he fails to send me the wavs!

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Yeah that Bok mix is tasty, pretty impressed by Hands Riddim - great beats - plus that Jam City refix has been growing and growing on me.

Obvious question, maybe - has Get Low been released yet, and if not does anyone know when it's due out? Really really want copy of that tune. :)

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Andy - Fairly sure Get Low isn't out yet, but it'd better come soon

viktorvaughn

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Tim F

Tom, these profiles are all really interesting and I'm looking forward to listening to a lot of the mixes (downloading Mosca now) but...

What would it take for FACT to do this kind of thing for artists outside the Night Slugs / Hyperdub spheres?

I mean this earnestly and practically rather than rhetorically.

I'd happily volunteer my free services in terms of writing profiles / email interviews / trying to solicit short mixes - obv the logistics would need to be handled at the London end.

There are so many emergent artists who could and would benefit from the kind of excellent close-reading profiling you're doing here.

luka

What would it take for FACT to do this kind of thing for artists outside the Night Slugs / Hyperdub spheres?

tell me about it. im so sick and tired of that stuff. why do you lot refuse to engage with anything outside of that watered down pap?

luka

you lot=dissensus as much as fact. when i mentioned a good night at yatess in stratford everyone put their head down and pretended not to notice. go to some different clubs. dont just listen to boring rinse fm show with djs older than i am.

luka

its such a safe cosy little scene, you slag off reynolds but he was going to places like labyrinth in dalston. youre not doing the equivilent. youd shit your pants.

(this is what tim is trying to say but hes too polite so im translating for him)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'd happily volunteer my free services in terms of writing profiles / email interviews / trying to solicit short mixes - obv the logistics would need to be handled at the London end.

There are so many emergent artists who could and would benefit from the kind of excellent close-reading profiling you're doing here.

Doooo it.