wise

bare BARE BONES
Aaaargh! I want to buy pretty much all those Dubplate Wonder tunes but £3.99 a pop's no joke.
Wish I wasn't so poor :(

gumdrops

theres a funky remix of a jay sean track (i think) thats seriously great. it goes 'rush rush... slow down'. love it.

Tim F

That's the Fuzzy Logik remix of Skepta ft. Jay Sean - "Lush". Big big tune. So uplifting.

Except I've been wondering exactly what Skepta's saying?

"Is this the Champagne Dance? No.
Up goes the cork, the champagne pours.
This is the champagne (something something something).

One: who you drinking?
Two: who you linking?

This is the champagne (something something something)."

What's he saying there?

Love, though, how he asks "who you drinking" - i.e. what name is your drink?

Tim F

To complete the circle I was describing upthread, Roska vs Borish Dlugosch's "Bangkok" is basically a post-"Pon De Floor" tune, almost the exact same detuned riffing vocal sample, but then otherwise it's on an eastern tip somewhere between Exemen's "Far East" and early Jammer.

Great stuff!

continuum

smugpolice
That's the Fuzzy Logik remix of Skepta ft. Jay Sean - "Lush". Big big tune. So uplifting.

Except I've been wondering exactly what Skepta's saying?

"Is this the Champagne Dance? No.
This is the champagne (something something something).

One: who you drinking?
Two: who you linking?

This is the champagne (something something something)."

What's he saying there?

Love, though, how he asks "who you drinking" - i.e. what name is your drink?

http://www.onlylyrics.com/hits.php?grid=3&id=1037527

Tim F

1) Yes. I'm doing a piece on them at the moment but the following tracks at least are all grand: "Funky Sound", "Trinity Hill", "Gamechip", "For You", "Malibu". They also have a fair number of tracks that are just okay though ("It's Over", "Sounds In Moruga", "Touch On Me"), which may be because they have quite a few members, I dunno. Very diverse though - "Trinity Hill" is a Fuzzy Logick-esque piano stomper, "Gamechip" sounds like Mos' Wanted, "Touch On Me" is a bassline-influenced track, "Sounds In Moruga" is delicate xylophone house along the lines of Kentphonix's "Sunday Showers", etc...

2) Not as far as I'm aware. You can buy "Touch On Me" as standalone MP3 from junodownload.

don_quixote

Trent End
that's a shame. i have the tracks off the marcus nasty mixtape - bounce and touch on me, and i like them both. heard them on the grimey breakfast podcast + their own podcast off the rinse site and now i want more.

they're like an early grime version of funky house.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Does anyone know where I can buy 'Smooth Kriminal - Represent' without having to buy the whole EP?
Great tune but not really feeling the rest of the ep