gumdrops

taping.

thats the type of thing that doesnt happen much on rinse anymore. surprise sets.

i swear the other week i heard heartless, or someone from heartless on live on a saturday but then i had to go out so couldnt confirm.

taping.

thats the type of thing that doesnt happen much on rinse anymore. surprise sets.

i swear the other week i heard heartless, or someone from heartless on live on a saturday but then i had to go out so couldnt confirm.

Yeah they were on the week before last apparently.

There was a set last night with Rankin and a few others on, some 140bpm funky, it was fucking brilliant. Dangerous K's show I think.

gumdrops

yeah i heard that on my way home. the energy on that set was nuts. so many good tracks.

tuesday nights are usually sick too on live. g smallz and whoevers on after him>>>

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Some good points being made all round, even if people are getting in a bit of a huff with each other.
Only just started investigating live fm, but this set that was posted on the ILX thread is great: really lively stuff right though it.
DJ Petchy w/MCs Topsee and Dream:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/il0bs1

I'd urge anyone who's even remotely interested in funky to give it a listen.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Producers

At the usual risk of repeating other ppl's posts/what I've posted before myself, I thought maybe this might be a good place to talk about the producers who are doing alot at the moment?
I'll assume that everyone who doesn't live under a rock knows about Hard House Banton, Lil Silva and Crazy Cousinz; and likewise D-Malice, Fingaprint, Sticky and Perempay seem to (rightly) get a lot of recognition.
And from there Tim on his blog and in his posts here has consistently sung the praises of people like Ill Blu, Funkstepz, Scotty D, Fuzzy Logic, Dubplate Wonder and Devine Recordings, to the extent that some of them seem to finally be getting noticed - and again, it's a good thing too; Devine Recordings in particular seem to be making an insane ammount of good tunes at the moment.
So here's a list of some other producers, some of them newer on the scene as far as I can tell, who seem to be cropping up in a lot of sets at the moment:

Babyface Jay
Barber Bizzle
Bassboy
Black Coffee
Caliber
Champion
Danny Native
Don Haffer
Emvee
Fis T
Footsteps
Fully Kurrupted
Greenmoney
Greyman
Gridlock Music
A Little Bit Funky
LR Groove
Major Notes
Mario (who is also Tadow, right?)
Mercurial Myrmidon
Mister Bee
Money Anderson
Mos Wanted/Mr Majika
Naughty Raver
OB
Ossie
Rudimental
Ruffy
Sami Sanchez
Screama
Seany B
Shay & Sinista
Smoove Kriminal
Sony
Swift Jay
Undisputed
Unknown Strangers

I thought that, seeing as it seems that quite a few people on here are DJs who are interested in getting dubs, finding out about release plans etc, it would make sense to gather all the names together in one place. As Luka has said before, most of these folks are on myspace and/or facebook, some of their pages are linked upthread if people are wanting to contact them.
Obv the list isn't exhaustive, feel free to add anyone you rate that I've missed.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Great list Andy, you've been putting the work in!

Cheers for the Petchy set too. I can't get the live fm stream atm, computer sez I'm missing a plug-in. Anyone know what this might be? :slanted: I'm shit with computers.

Benny Bunter

: really lively stuff right though it.
DJ Petchy w/MCs Topsee and Dream:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/il0bs1

Thats an understatement! This set is just amazing, the energy levels are up there with the best of the golden-era grime sets I've heard. The DJing, the MCing and the vibes are ridiculous. More live FM sets please! (and can someone please tell me how to get the live fm stream to work. I don't have the required plug in apparently)

continuum

smugpolice
Taken off roskas self entitled album forthcoming on Rinse label.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

UFO over easy

online mahjong
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

petchy's vibe is incredible, dons

Tim F

[q]i'm all up for repping for the underdog but the cynicism on this thread is astounding. when i hear funky on rinse i don't rate its usually the kind of anyHouse, waste-vocal, tepid mediocrity certain people wee themselves hyping to the max...[/q]

For the record Blackdown I was being sarcastic when I said "Rinse may be old hat now"... I posted to hype a Rinse show!

It's enough of a job finding good sets that we shouldn't really rule out anything arbitrarily.

Though I'm interested to know what you're referring to in the second part of the quote above.

Anyway, seriously people, the Funkystepz shows. BIG TUNES.

gumdrops

what is that track that was being played at the end of trim and scratch's set on live the other day? it sounded pretty techno-y, but with pretty deep bass drops, like something scratchy might have made, but its def a funky track (i heard it on another live show yesterday).