jus jules

As mentioned above, that was a funky refix of 'Work', a MAW tune from about 10 years ago. Apart from on that radio set, I only ever heard it played outin a club by Marcus a couple of times in 2008, and then I never heard anyone play it again.

There is a version of Work, not sure if its this one though on a 12" by DJ NG. Its the b-side to the original pressing of Tell Me if i recall correctly

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Hmmm, apologies for any confusion caused. I guess it's possible that the Lil Silva/MAW track is the one that Marcus used to play, but I couldn't tell you for sure as - rather shockingly - I don't actually have that famous set it's on. Any audio still about?
Anyway, the one I'm talking about is on the DJ Antman mix posted upthread, so those wanting to check can download it and then compare/contrast, I suppose. Here's the link again:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gmcond

Tim F

Rinse may be old hat now but people should get on Funkystepz's sets - 5 February set in particular has some killer dubs. Don't know how these guys (or is it one dude? It's never exactly clear) make so many amazing tracks, though in fairness I'd say only 2 out of 3 of their (seemingly endless collection of) tracks are great.

gumdrops

who knows, marcus' shows might still be amazing, i just cant be arsed to listen to them (or much thats funky/grime/garage etc etc) at the moment.

gumdrops

i barely listen to rinse in the car anymore. well part of that is cos is i cant get reception but its worked out well cos live has been superb every time i tune in. thats a PROPER funky station. everyone sounds hungry on there too. get on rinse and youve basically made it. these guys are still desperate to get heard.

Last edited:

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Rinse may be old hat now.

i'm all up for repping for the underdog but the cynicism on this thread is astounding. when i hear funky on rinse i don't rate its usually the kind of anyHouse, waste-vocal, tepid mediocrity certain people wee themselves hyping to the max...

I don't necessarily think it's cynicism as such, and Rinse has got some good shows and that, but there is a lot to be said for the undercurrent. The shows that aren't on rinse do have a lot of enthusiasm that reflects a hunger. Plus Live FM is a lot faster as well, as a general rule. Lot more hype to it, especially the MC shows.

gumdrops

rinse has more genres to cover so i accept it cant be a full on funky station, but for all its attempts to cover every sort of house going, they do have some seriously boring selections on there. live sounds like a proper pirate. full of hype energy, while rinse is trying to sound much more professional. which is fair enough, thats what they wanna do, but yknow... anyway, a couple of small comments on a msg board isnt exactly going to hurt rinse.