gumdrops

every live fm set i swear its the tracks by mad one that seem amazing.

marcus was one with some other dj on thurs night on live actually. wasnt bad but not as amazing as i thought it would be.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
^^ Thanks for the Petchy set BN, you're a don, downloading now.
It's so nice to see Shantie getting a regular outlet on radio again now that Mak10 has moved to just doing cover shows.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This petchy sets the best set I've heard since uhhh the last one.

tune at 11:42 wooo big reload

You don't get this energy listening to pre recorded sets.

Should have locked in live to be honest I completely forgot he was on :mad:

hint

party record with a siren
DJs need to take a few steps back and make people work for this again. make it so they cant get in touch or keep up to date with this music unless they go to a club or god forbid actually dance. more fun that way. plus you appreciate it more.

be less romantic. ;)

gumdrops

DJs need to take a few steps back and make people work for this again. make it so they cant get in touch or keep up to date with this music unless they go to a club or god forbid actually dance. more fun that way. plus you appreciate it more.

be less romantic. ;)

i dont know/care if youre being sarky. i totally agree!

Tim F

Yeah one of my favourite things about this new Petchy set is the way all the MCs chant along to the biggest bars of whichever MC is on "lead".

Petchy's sets seem to split three ways between 1) Devine Collective tracks; 2) A representative sampling of big-across-the-board tracks; and 3) tracks that I've never heard before. Which is the kind of mix I like...

gumdrops

that video snippet made it obv the atmosphere at live is really up.

i like the fact a lot of live djs play scene favourites as well as new tracks - makes it more energising i think.

continuum

smugpolice
those petchy mcs know what they are doing when it comes to creating live vocal sonic effects. much like d double in grime

from last year but its a good hard house banton remix >

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wise

bare BARE BONES
ok time for a little funky related mp3 whinge.

I recently bought some tracks from Dubplate Wonders Myspace, they were fairly pricey 2.99-3.99 each but I loved the tunes and wanted to support him so bought 4.
When I downloaded the files 2 were 128kbps and 2 were 160kbps.
I messaged him saying that I was a little disappointed and was there any chance he could sort me out 320s as that was pretty standard.
No reply, got complete air.
Same thing with Lil SIlva last year and a 128kbps file for 4.99

I don't get it, what's wrong with these guys, where is the benefit to them in providing you with a substandard copy of their work?
Surely they don't play out files of this quality? or maybe they do. Can anyone with insider knowledge enlighten me?

Moan over

At the other end of the scale Smoove Kriminal has been nothing but helpful sorting me out with a tune I was after.
Don Haffer has a six track ep (see above) on his bandcamp for only £4.99, you can choose the quality you want to download at for no extra cost (how long have I waited for a site that doesn't charge more for a FLAC or WAV!)
Bandcamp is great, more producers should get on it.

Tim F

Would also like an ID on that one, I've always guessed it to be Devine Collective because the horn line reminds me of "Tribal Conga" a bit.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Re: chances to hear this stuff played out - for posters around East London or Essex way, If Bar in Ilford seems to be the place where the Live FM djs and mcs perform most ofteh (Ilford is sort of on the London/Essex border right? My London geography's a bit rusty).
Also, Soul Sure looks to be a big semi-regular night, not sure exactly where it is though.

Marcus Nasty & Cooly G up here in Glasgow next weekend, good times! :D