Benny Bunter

Right click on the tune then info and it will tell you the bit rate. The tight bastards at apple don't do 320 I believe. Mad One did say its coming on other sites like Juno, not sure when

Just did this. It says they're 320s.

No excuse for you lot not to buy em then!

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
I wouldn't buy music from Amazon, I bought a load of Juke read releases from there as they were cheaper than Juno but they were really quiet. When I opened them in Soundforge they hadn't been normalized to 0db, the same tracks from Juno were fine...

a lot of my favourite tunes this year weren’t funky. a fair few of them weren’t released in 2010 it turns out (dakar /motion to the ocean).. i now want to throw up some youtube on the circle thread.. anyway, funky’s apparent nemesis – actual releases
:)
lr groove – the groove / device
sunday roast - conga matic
baby face j brazila (truth is i play this off sets, but if the tune’s not released then it’s long)
don haffer lost in translation
jook 10 do it right
pepe soup – baifal rhythm (sa house but still)
mad one/devine – house girls (of the year? 1, straight)
ma1 high def (brilliant tune, allow it in funky)
smoove kriminal a complex thing
dj naughty firepower (ok, big tune since 2008, but released this year still)
maxwell d snowman (2010 tune, still bad fingaprint beat)
hh banton/supercat – rock & come in /alena – turn it around
can i get theme from/broken wings in here? rather than begging favour i’m acknowledging that slackk’s stuff overall is aside, yet still somewhat connected to funky. and psyah – shrunken head, that’s a good notfunky house tune

BareBones

wheezy
not that i haven't loved a lot of funky this year, but personally there hasn't been one tune that's as stand-out brilliant as 'in the morning' was last year.

what's happened to fuzzy logic anyway?

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
what's happened to fuzzy logic anyway?

Don't think he's released anything since the Skepta/Jay Sean remix, but he is still producing. He's done a brilliant vocal tune with Jada Pearl called All My Love which Marcus has been playing loads over the last month, and also a kinda old-schoolish jackin piano instrumental called Pacha which I've heard Funk Butcher play a few times. If you want I can upload some audio of these. But yeah, agreed that he needs to put something out to the public again soon.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
funky’s apparent nemesis – actual releases

Not to repeat myself/keep banging the same drum, but I'd say this is gradually changing. Have to big up Devine and Funkystepz for coming consistently with the releases at the moment.

Anyway favourite releases from the year:
Sunday Roast - La Kettle
Mad One - House Girls album (obv)
Lil Silva - Night Skanker EP
Aramac - Hurt Inside
Hard House Banton - Colonel from the Return EP
Greyman - Funk The Groove
Addictive - Bad Girl (Champion remix)
Scream & Merkury ft Farah - Kiss Me There
Emvee - Windrush (although was this late 2009, hmmm)
LR Groove - The Key EP
Smoove Kriminal - Clockwork EP
SMI - 60 Hertz EP

Tbh tho I struggle with these sort of lists, and will prob think of another bunch of worthy candidates as soon as I've posted this. :slanted:

Edit: Roska album was early this year yeah? Would get in for me based on I Need Love & Timestamp mainly.
Also -
Mr Majeeka - Different Lekstrix (I always spell this wrong...)
Altered Natives - Restless Native and a few other bits from the Tenement Yard album, poss also the AN remix of Greymatter - En Fumo too
if you're counting free downloads then Lion's Den, Turn It Around remix, Holy Ghost 3 plus prob a couple more.

Edit again: It's What You Do & Just Vybe, how the hell did I forget these?

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
LOL I got the name of SK's EP wrong, it is of course called the 25 Hour EP and he's selling it on his website, you can listen to some clips there:
http://smoovekriminal.com/
Up In My Head was almost on my list for fave released tunes, same with a couple of T Williams bits and, well, loads of stuff really, if I'd listed everything I'd been feeling this year it would have gone on too long.

Doc Daneeka - Hold On
Ill Blu - Bellion/Dragon Pop
Fis-T - Night Hunter/Deep Mover
Deep Teknologi - Afric/Anthem/Flooring
Bakongo - Amhara

benw

big up deep teknologi for pushing things fwd with releases. also that live lions den tune is BIG. like seriously big, rewinds every time i pull it out of the bag.