benw

big up for this jack. gonna be a big release. only criticism is of that blurb....

"Elusive may be a word that is easily chucked about in todays scene but despite being regarded as one of the most feted UK Funky / House production teams in the country they rarely let go of their original material. There's a handful of remixes for underground and major label artists, the masterful Bellion twelve inch for Hyperdub and the odd appearance on pirate radio but that’s pretty much it."

what about the sounds of malibu release, deep roller ep or that zip they gave out?? sure theres other bits that ive missed out.

big up for this jack. gonna be a big release. only criticism is of that blurb....

"Elusive may be a word that is easily chucked about in todays scene but despite being regarded as one of the most feted UK Funky / House production teams in the country they rarely let go of their original material. There's a handful of remixes for underground and major label artists, the masterful Bellion twelve inch for Hyperdub and the odd appearance on pirate radio but that’s pretty much it."

what about the sounds of malibu release, deep roller ep or that zip they gave out?? sure theres other bits that ive missed out.

I think your getting confused with Funkystepz.

benw

thats embarassing. long weekend. them both having hyperdub releases is possibly to blame, or me being a complete donut.

Tim F

Oh, and Take Over is finally out!!

Actually it's been on ukfunky.com for about 2 years. Its appearance on bleep now suggests that ukfunky.com (which hasn't updated in ages) is history.

benw

on a more constructive tip, that white label ep is big. been loads of class ukf giveaways recently, that funk butcher spells of yoruba remix, lions den by live, this ep, that funkystepz (& not ill blu...) remix of bitch by estho etc eetc.

Webstarr

New mix of mine

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1hv3sechheevu14

Esthero - Bitch (Funkystepz Remix) [N/A]
Mad One - House Girls Part 1[Devine]
Arnaud D - I'M Africa [No Age Combo Essential Instrumental] [Music Plan]
J Beatz - Subwoofer [Forthcoming Forefront]
Afro Cube - Muevente Mama [Strictly Rhythm]
A Made Up Sound - Crisis [AMUS]
Slackk - Synthetics [Forthcoming Forefront]
Marlon D - Jesus Creates Sound [Strictly Rhythm]
Zoltan - Saline [Unreleased]
Caliber - Brass Construction [Caliber Productions]
Brackles & Shortstuff - Good Foundations (Doc Daneeka Remix) [Blunted Robots]
Sunship - Friendly Pressure [Filter]
Wookie V Fis T - Call On Me/Nighthunter (Martelo Edit) [N/A]
Roska & Untold - Myth [Numbers]
NKC - Partisan Efforts [Forthcoming Forefront]
Steve Gurley - Hotboys [Tempa]
Hundred In The Hands - Pidgeons (Blawan Bare Bones Remix) [Warp]
Boddika - Boddika's House [Naked Lunch]
French Fries & Caos In The Cbd - With You [Youngunz]
C.R.S.T - The Bells Girl Unit Remix [Car Crash Set]
El - B - Show A Little Love [Tempa]

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Full audio of Ghost by Serious (1 half of Troublesum along with Champion):
Feeling this one a lot, on a kind of vaguely South African flex (or maybe that's just me).
^Webstarr I'll give your mix a listen in a wee minute mate. Actually I think there's a couple of mixes by users on this thread that I've not got round to hearing. Slippin. :eek:

Oh yeah I did a Fact mix-
http://www.factmag.com/2011/01/21/fact-mix-215-slackk/

Tracklist:
Untitled – Spooky (CDR)
Not Forgotten – Contakt (Local Action)
Trinkets – Brey (Redefined Avenue)
Amsterdam Riddim (Ratcatcher Remix) – Lokiboi (Wicked Bass)
Motherboard (Scotty D Remix) – Champion (CDR)
Corners – Slackk (CDR)
Eski Clicks – Slackk (CDR)
Tumble Dryer – Spooky (CDR)
Still Watching – Max Echo (CDR)
Intreau – Alpha (CDR)
VHS Nite (Slackk Remix) – BD1982 (Diskotopia)
Dimension X – Youngsta (DDS)
Beatbox Freestyle – Gipset (CDR)
Doors To Manual – Fiedel (Ostgut Ton)
E10 Riddim – Rossi B & Luca (Planet Mu)
Theme From Dub – Slackk (Numbers)
Morning After – Filthy Yello (CDR)
Untitled Acid, One – Slackk (CDR)
Formic Acid – Formicula 4 (Trance Atlantic)
AA2 – Ghosties (GHOST-001)
Synthetics – Slackk (Forefront)
Autopsy Remix – ??? (CDR)
Cherryade – Darq E Freaker (Oil Gang)
Blue Bottle Kiwi Freestyle – Wiley (Twitter)
SE Thing – Slackk (CDR)

Not necessarily the right thread for it but you might want to hear it

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
^ Yeah I was listening to that the other day. Lots of good bits on it that I hadn't heard before, need to give it a couple more spins to fully appreciate tho. Nice one.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Full audio of Ghost by Serious (1 half of Troublesum along with Champion):
Feeling this one a lot, on a kind of vaguely South African flex (or maybe that's just me).

That's great! any ideas on release? Good to hear Champion bass with a skippier rhythm section :D

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
You can also listen to clips of FB's forthcoming Dutch Effect EP here:
http://soundcloud.com/funk_butcher
Like with some of the new Hard House Banton stuff, I think's there def mixed results in terms of how well he employs the Dutch inflluences. But Carnival Russell in particular strikes me as quite a strong track.

Apparently after this he's also got a collab with Zed Bias coming up on Swamp 81. Not heard any clips yet but could be interesting.
Mat you were on about Pepe Soup a while back yeah? Been slow catching on to them but there's basically no duds on their Soundcloud page, solid collection of tunes:
http://soundcloud.com/pepesoupsound
(Can also buy quite a few of these on Beatport).
Baifal Rhythm is prob their stand-out for me, just for the intricacy of the drums and the mixture of tribal and grimey elements, but Pepe Soup Skank is very infectious as well. Another Italian-based outfit I think.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
That's great! any ideas on release? Good to hear Champion bass with a skippier rhythm section :D

Yeah innit - better beats than on quite a lot of Champion tunes I reckon. Think it's just newly finished so don't expect it to be out for a while, maybe worth giving him a message on there for a copy though, other folks seem to be already.

Simon78

DJ Champion was amazing at the Butterz night last night. I got a bit bored with Funky but this set reminded me of why I liked it in the first place. The amount of sub in his tunes is mental. So good.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Wee mix by the man himself that he just uploaded today:
Dunno how much relation it bears to what he played at the Butterz night obv, but it's pretty decent anyway, lots of stuff that's not been released yet.

Simon78

Wee mix by the man himself that he just uploaded today:
Dunno how much relation it bears to what he played at the Butterz night obv, but it's pretty decent anyway, lots of stuff that's not been released yet.

The set was really grimy. Loads of his tunes, Lil Silva, Ill Blu and Funkysteps. The only vocal I can remember was Bad Girls but there might have been one or two more. It was really intense, quick mixing, mainly beats and bass.