Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
The set was really grimy. Loads of his tunes, Lil Silva, Ill Blu and Funkysteps. The only vocal I can remember was Bad Girls but there might have been one or two more. It was really intense, quick mixing, mainly beats and bass.

Cool, yeah that's kind of what I imagined it might be like. Would love to catch him in a club sometime.

Benny Bunter

Here's a clip of DJ Reaper introducing the new DEA project funky tune 'House cats' on Live FM last night. Apparently its coming out on a vinyl EP: http://www.mediafire.com/?zz11fsg2e3g5y0l

Reaper played for 4 and a half hours last night covering for Petchy and he was on a hype, I should have taped the whole thing really. He plays quite a lot of new UKG stuff mixed in with the old. Proper 2step though, none of this future garage stuff.

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
^Banger! Tbh I thought the stage where things like DEA doing a funky tune would happen was passed, so glad that it's come about. Plus obv just any new DEA is a good look.
This 2-step revival seems to be kicking in properly now then? I'm not mad about revival movements per se, but in this case I'm sure it'll produce lots of music I like
From Miss Fire's twitter:
'Gonna mix down some beats today ready for me 1st instrumental E.P entitled 'the Female Touch' watch out for that :-D '
(She's mentioned about putting together EPs in the past and they seem to have fallen through, but fingers crossed). Her tune Drive Me with TRC also seems to be making a few waves in grime just now.
Twitter has also been telling me that Smoove Kriminal's next mix CD will feature Shantie & Raider hosting, and that Shantie has been recording vocals to some more tunes. Again good news as he deserves to be so much bigger than he is.

Benny Bunter

Tune sounds good but does he stop talking for longer than 5 seconds at any point?

Ha ha, no! He was motor mouthing for a full 4 and a half hours, luckily I just love his voice and banter. There seemed to be some sort of beef between him and a promoter called Daddy G (?) for not getting a booking at some garage revival night, he seemed quite worked up about it all. He's certainly a man who is fiercely proud of his 14 year legacy in the garage scene anyway.

wise

bare BARE BONES
actually the tune itself is quite old.

http://www.uptownrecords.com/Vinyl-....html?osCsid=16f594ddd800861f082cc27b46b255e0

don't know if that 12" actually ever properly came out tho. you never know with Uptown...

I spent ages trying to get hold of that at the time. I tried Uptown for ages and they just kept saying they were waiting for stock. I then got in touch with Para on his Soundcloud and he said that R Lally had the last few copies at his place and he was going to grab me one and bring it down to 'Days Like That' at The Russian Bar for me. Turned out he hadn't been able to get it when I saw him there, I then had to leave within the first 5 minutes of his set as there was an incident with my mates girlfriend, seems he took it as an insult as he wouldn't reply to my messages after that... :eek:

So yeah hope it gets a proper release, would really like a copy, Para seems to be making a lot of Housey stuff these days, he plays a new Housey version of 'Love Me' in his sets, it's really good

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
^ Yeah I think you get your name on it. How many people even care about that these days though? BN I don't really want to name the producer in question 'cause that would make it seem like a personal feud when plenty of people do it or have done it, they're just an example of a wider trend. I'm sure anyone who moves in the same circles as me on Twitter could easily figure out what I'm talking about though.
The worst thing is that the exact same people who charge these kind of prices are the same ones who are always moaning about the sound not spreading enough and not enough people giving it support, and they wonder why.. Just short-sighted greed and stupidity imo.

alex

Do not read this.
I dont follow a hell of a lot of people on twitter so haven't got a clue who your on about, not fishing for who it is or anything. Tunes never worth £30 rgrdless