Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Guess I'm 4 years too late to the party but I caught Roska last night here in AKL. First time a Funky souljah has made it over these ways.
Was nice to hear in a club.

Benny Bunter

Hearing "Lost In Your House" as an instrumental underscores even more strongly how Cooly G-like it is (but I probably like it better than any Cooly G productions even, at least as a standalone - Cooly's stuff sounds best for me in the mix).

Miss Fire's versatility is pretty amazing.

Yeah it does sound a lot like cooly g with all those long echoes and FX on the drums. I had no idea Miss Fire could produce like this to be honest, I thought Lost in your house was produced by someone else. Very excited to see what else she's gonna come with this year.

jimitheexploder

I'm really enjoying these Miss Fire bits cheers for the tip off peeps. Lost in your house almost sounds like a dubstep track with its dubbed-out sounds and echo drenched slashing clap on the third.

continuum

smugpolice
"Take Off Your Clothes" is the other deep Miss Fire tune.

the Burgaboy remix of this is in my top 10 bassline tunes of 2010. It sounds like it's slowing down when it isn't in some places.

the Lost In Your House track with the weird vocal on it (as in the only version on YouTube I can find) sounds strange compared to the sendspace one which is very good.

mrfaucet

The Ideas Train
I'm sure this is really obvious, but what's the track whose chorus goes 'you've got me feeling hype'? There are also references to funky love.

Benny Bunter

Mad one, MC Kie & Preshus killing it on Live right now.

I missed this but I did record 40 mins of a set with Jewlzy, Mad One, Kie and Preshus from saturday night, also killing it. Heres the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?gwxhixhuiv3ge6l

I really like Preshus on funky actually, he seems to be recording a lot of songs with Mad One recently, theres another new one at the end of this set. I especially like it when he sings properly, 'Eyes on you' has really grown on me (and its available on itunes people if you didn't already know).

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

pinched this link from ILX and I'm really glad I did, its a belter of a mix. Tracklists been added too.

DJ Eastwood's Hard Touch is one banger among many.