continuum

smugpolice
funkystepz ting for fader, catalogue is strong, john wayne is a banger

Tracklist:
Funkystepz Feat Lily Mckenzie – Circles
Funkystepz – Transformer
DR Gonzo – Bust em up
Roska – Jackpot
Six D – Best Damn Night (Funkystepz Mix)
Funkystepz – Dirty Dutch
Canblaster – Clockwork
Friendly Fires – Hawaiian Air (Seiji Remix)
Funkystepz – Trouble
Funkystepz – XTC
T Williams Feat Terri Walker – Heartbeat (Mosca Remix) ****
Champion – Lighter
Funkystepz – Class A
Scratcha – Flute
Funkystepz – Anger
Funkystepz – Royal Rumble
Funkystepz – Bruk Out
Encore – The One (Champion Mix)
Roska – Roskallion
Funkystepz – Fizzy
Funkystepz – Jumanji
Crazy Cousinz Feat Omarion – Arch Your Back
Funkystepz – Fuller
Champion – 1994
Funkystepz – Warrior
Funkystepz Feat Lily Mckenzie – For U
Funkystepz – Tokyo Drift
Funkystepz Feat Rhian – Our Love
Duchess Feat Scorcher – All The Boyz (Wookie Remix)
Roska – Do You Believe (Ma1 Remix)
Favorite Flava – Heaven (Funkystepz Mix)
Funkystepz – You Got it
Roska Feat Jamie George – Wonderful day (Scratcha Soule Power Mix)
Funkystepz – Underground
Scrufizzer – Fizzy Flow

Just wanted to echo the Funkystepz love. Listened to the above mix the other night. So many good tunes. Well worth a listen.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal

alex

Do not read this.
there is some physical copies of that cd i posted a few pages back, probably about 5/6 left, drop me your addresses by pm by 3pm today and ill get it in the post for you.. it will be with you tomorrow (UK Only) and yes they are free

Benny Bunter

Their remix of Vybz Kartel that I discovered for the first time yesterday is massive. I don't follow funky that much any more, cos I got a bit bored of the tastefulness of too many tunes (no doubt i didn't dig deep enough), and Funkystepz are a brilliant antidote to that (perceived) tastefulness.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZpWIxH-2_Mc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

God that song is such an anthem! Funkystepz are definitely the best producers in funky right now. There can never be too many dancehall influences in funky for me, its always the best antidote to the tastefulness you mention i think. For me its the same as with any of the london nuum music, if it starts moving too much towards dub rather than dancehall it can get po-faced and boring. And yeah I'm finding a lot of the tasteful 4x4 house stuff to be a drag too.

have you listened to the the new Donaeo album yet though? its great! (if you don't watch the crappy breakbeat tracks). It was given away free a while back, but no one seem to be talking about it. He is massively underrated if you ask me both as a producer and vocalist.

The beat on this one is hard for instance

Benny Bunter

oh shit! this one is even better than the Gwan Suh remix. funkystepz should just produce an album for him, how great would that be?

Last edited:

luka

rhiannas a good match for funkystepz. theres something 'euro' about rihianna. something about the timbre of her voice or something. a brittleness. the quality of the emotion. a lonlieness that goes well with the slightly desperate hedonism of both funkystepz and the kind of trancey euroy stuff she usually is heard on. i like the original too actually. it really captures the halcyon days of romford dance. romford dance will never die. i even like the video. its like th 90s but sexier.

rubberdingyrapids

gwan suh is great - someone do a funky remix of vybz' my moto (the one about his phone) plz. im gonna try and find those old funky/dancehall mixes now. the old FS remix of rudeboy is good too. rihanna only sounds increasingly euro cos all her songs have those same old ice cold, guetta-fied R&B trance dynamics/sonics. but i love her voice. theres a certain texture in her voice, a sort of throaty grain, which is what will always make funky remixes of rihanna better than post dubstep songs sampling cassie or brandy. :p

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
God that song is such an anthem! Funkystepz are definitely the best producers in funky right now. There can never be too many dancehall influences in funky for me, its always the best antidote to the tastefulness you mention i think. For me its the same as with any of the london nuum music, if it starts moving too much towards dub rather than dancehall it can get po-faced and boring. And yeah I'm finding a lot of the tasteful 4x4 house stuff to be a drag too.
[/url]

this x 1000. I listened to some of the stuff on the dubstep and post-dubstep threads yesterday and oh my God, how fucking boring is most of it (even stuff like Shackleton and Pinch is majorly dull these days...)? People whingeing about Skrillex and metal-dubstep seems pretty difficutl to get behind at the moment... and funky I've found way less interesting than it was 2 years ago or so....

continuum

smugpolice
have you listened to the the new Donaeo album yet though? its great! (if you don't watch the crappy breakbeat tracks). It was given away free a while back, but no one seem to be talking about it. He is massively underrated if you ask me both as a producer and vocalist.

The beat on this one is hard for instance

I skipped through the tracks. There are a lot of hard beats on there but some of Donaoe's lyrics are a bit embarrassing for me though but maybe I think he is just a bit ahead and things he says I find weird now won't be at some point in the future. Dunno. The one you posted above though is good.

I like this one:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YLPDOGRxhJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: