luka

i dunno i think shes the go -o vocalist for those type of tunes cos shes got that voice rather than those tunes colouring the way you hear the voice, not that i want to argue about it cos thats an uniquely fruitless argument.
theres perhaps a shrillness and coldness abot her that you dont traditionally associate with r&b singers. dionne warwick and minnie ripereton are also cold but also repressed and controlled and artful in a way rihanna isnt. theres a latent hysteria in rihanna.

rubberdingyrapids

interesting. i just like her voice cos its emotive, but also dispassionate/detached on a certain level too. her voice has multiple levels working simultaneously. might also be that shes a bit uninspired by the songs shes singing these days too. though somehow she makes that into a positive attribute.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
who the fuck is azealia banks?

if you read NME etc etc....

I like the song, but I know I'll hate about 80 per cent of the other people who like it.

Re Rihanna, it's personal opinion but I think Cassie kills her on the interesting coldness front. Don't like Rihanna's vocals at all. Or anything about her, come to think of it. Her and Gaga have ruined pop music for me recently by being ubiquitous.

Last edited:

rubberdingyrapids

id like gaga so much more if she was a bit more mysterious and didnt seem to be doing every interview on every tv/radio station/magazine every single month... maybe big pop stars cant afford to be like that anymore but youd think for someone who knows so much about pop, she would try and emulate some of that too...

Benny Bunter

of course, I'm listening to this now. You got some nice dubs there man. Did you ever get hold of this one? Its my favourite.

Yeah I've been harassing Mad One for that tune for over a year now, he promised he'd send it multiple times but I'm still waiting lol
apparently only he, jewlsy and petchy have it

Actually I was the one who chopped that clip and put it on youtube :D

alex

Do not read this.
&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
Uploaded this to soundcloud cause sendspace is drivell..shouts to anyone who missed the physical CD

edit* damn, can anyone tell me how to embed properly, sorry that's such an eyesore...

just before anyone presses play, this isn't funky, it's mostly deep & tech house, but thought peeps in here would enjoy etc...

Last edited:

Ulala

Awkward Woodward
Greenmoney freebie from XLR8R

Rolls along pleasantly, I think they're better when remixing/working with vocals, myself, but this is at least worth a listen.

XLR8R also gave away a free EP of Roska remixes not so long ago which I don't think I've seen mentioned here. Worth having for the Mr Tickle remix of "Our Father" alone, I reckon.
LINK

rubberdingyrapids

old but still BIG

wish it had the vocals though

that new ms dynamite track is ridiculous. weird that compa remixed that as he seems a trad dubstep guy.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

old but still BIG

wish it had the vocals though

that new ms dynamite track is ridiculous. weird that compa remixed that as he seems a trad dubstep guy.

Yes that NB Funky track was/is massive. What happened to him anyway? There a quite a lot of producers from this era in funky who seem to have just disappeared off the map...Dubplate Wonder, Royal P, Apple, Perempay and Dee, Swift Jay, Scottie D, footsteps...

link to the new Ms Dynamite please?