Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Also, is there any word on that Paleface tune that Marcus Nasty has been hammering over the past few months? Think it's called Out Of Love, or similar...

Here it is on his soundcloud:
In the comments he says that it's a remix that he licensed to a label, but he's not actually sure if and when the label are putting it out. I hope it does surface at some point, I'm a big fan - it's one of those tunes that doesn't seem to spectacular on first listen but then gradually worms its way deep into your head.
I was sleeping on this but Set The Tone EP is now out:
http://www.junodownload.com/products/set-the-tone-ep/1752171-02/
:D

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Yeah we've fawned over it here before (me and andy that is) and so have Ranking and Shantie

I don't play it on repeat anymore but I still love it to bits.

Hehe, it's well worth a bit of a fawn.

Big up to the folks posting stuff from Funkystepz' youtube channel, they've got a bunch of remixes on there that I hadn't noticed before.
This one is a percy with me at the moment:
& then there's this, which feels pretty raw but pretty good:

pat

195704_192870770765852_4660639_n.jpg

Marcus B2B Pioneer ft Ranking, Shantie
Funkbutcher, Petchy, Weeksey and Funkystepz in the other room...

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=192870770765852

you forgot about kieron dyer on that lineup

Bowyer+Dyer+2005.jpg

might go

BareBones

wheezy
lol ^

yeah i'm not keen on that vocal at all. think this is gonna be one of those rare occasions where i prefer the instrumental. those synths are kind of a cross between kwaito and the beverly hills cop theme

alex

Do not read this.
don't mind that vocal, think it's okay. Heard it on the Deja website.

edit* and in that youtube frame a bit like lauren from eastenders

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
the beverly hills cop theme

Haha, never noticed the resemblance before but you're spot-on here. Those synths on the chorus are a big part of the tune's appeal to me.
I like Playground a lot but I'm also sure there is a parallel universe where I find it very, very annoying, if that makes sense.

denoir

there's not enough funky synths in funky imho...you have loads of tribal/percussive bangers, some grimey house, vocal/ladies tunes but I can't think of many producers who make funky-synth funky :) Fuzzy Logik, Funkystepz...?

gumdrops

funky is pretty broad to be fair, but in terms of mood, compared to something like jungle, the choice isnt as broad. theres no 'deep' funky, unless you pick the deep house sounding stuff. but then i suppose that was always going to happen as funky is happy to just be an adjunct to everything else you can already get in house.