NKC

sorry to come in with a bit of self-promo, but someone posted up my track Partisan Efforts in this thread, so i thought i'd put up a couple of my new(ish) uploads on soundcloud:

Err'thing (ripped from Brackles on Rinse):

and clips of Fading Floor and Shockout:
these are currently unsigned

like this thread a lot too, cheers to BennyB and the other regular posters for pointing me to some real bangers.
cant work out whats going on with the soundcloud embed thing.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Yes! i really needed something like this to keep the faith in Funky. Been pretty dry recently.

Benny I agree with you one about the dry spell, this Funkystepz is biiiiig though, they seem to never run out of good tunes.
Was thinking to myself earlier that maybe one of the problems for funky this year is that radio has fallen off a bit. I mean there's still some cool shows - East&Groove on Deja still good, and not to be a suck-up but still loving David M on sub, but errr that's about it, there's far less shows that hook me into listening every week and listening to the podcasts/downloads over and over like before. Or maybe I'm just not catching the right ones?

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
sorry to come in with a bit of self-promo, but someone posted up my track Partisan Efforts in this thread, so i thought i'd put up a couple of my new(ish) uploads on soundcloud:

Err'thing (ripped from Brackles on Rinse):

and clips of Fading Floor and Shockout:
these are currently unsigned

like this thread a lot too, cheers to BennyB and the other regular posters for pointing me to some real bangers.
cant work out whats going on with the soundcloud embed thing.

Nice one for posting, really liked your Pyramids EP.

Benny Bunter

I'm definitely nowhere near as on it as I have been previously, but there probably has been a drop off overall. Been a lot lazier checking shows recently but its a while since I've really been knocked out by much, whereas last year I couldn't get enough of funky.

Having said that Funkystepz Illblu and Fuzzy Logik have all produced/released their best stuff this year so I dunno...

edit: lets not forget Champion! He's been on fire this year

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Donaeo's giving away his new album! Haven't listened yet but its here:
and Natalie May's giving away a 6 track EP! Includes Sexy sexy...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I really love some of the funky that's coming out nowadays but I just don't really feel that invested in it as a genre cos I never go out raving to it. I don't really go out raving to ANYTHING anymore, actually. Probably explains my general disenchantment with dance music this year (and current obsession with rap). Maybe it's just that I'm listening to rap so much that there's very little room for anything else (especially anything else that's aggressive/banging)?

NOT that anyone should care, of course.

Benny Bunter

It's all about the Flamenco for you now eh Benny?

Hah, I'm quite partial to a bit of Camaron de Isla actually, but still not seen any live flamenco here yet though.

Haven't been clubbing properly here either as noone goes until at least 4am and I haven't made it that far yet. Got a feeling the clubs here are pretty terrible though :( Might try and track down somewhere that plays decent reggaeton!

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
Hah, I'm quite partial to a bit of Camaron de Isla actually, but still not seen any live flamenco here yet though.

Camaron is great i have so many of his cds, the best ones are the bootleg live recordings. are u in Granada? find a place called Eshavira on a Sunday night. i saw Tomatito (Camaron's long-suffering partner-in-grime) there once, he turned up unannounced and played for about 3 hours, the place went craaaazy... wow that's a happy memory. anyway there's good stuff there every Sunday night, they never advertise and it's hard to find so there's hardly any tourists. cheap drinks and quite lairy. young people's flamenco, jazzy flamenco, punk flamenco.. but quite a family-friendly atmosphere... kids running round etc lol

clubbing there's a huge place out of town in an old factory that puts on big ticketed raves. i saw Scan X and Yeff Meelz there it was unbevievably bad. there was a weekly dub/reggae sesh in the Albaycin i used to go to sometimes that was fun, put on by a ridiculously caned german geezer who used to set up all these proper old delay units and machines and stuff, even though it was only on a mediocre bar soundsystem. also there was a night called Afrodesia at that place Camborios (the caves) that used to play inoffensive heepop stuff for polite people drinking flourescent cocktails... went to that occasionally only as a break from the ubiquitous banging latin-inflected eurodiscoelectroclash versions of pop tunes.

Benny Bunter

I ended up in Sevilla actually, but I do plan to visit Granada at some point so I might check those out, cheers for the recommendations! Nightlife here is brilliant though...all about the Botellon!

And yeah, Camaron rules!

STN

sou'wester
Camaron is great; where's the best place to get bootlegs of his? I only have one CD of his, and it's not one of his best and I've rinsed it for about ten years.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
Camaron is great; where's the best place to get bootlegs of his? I only have one CD of his, and it's not one of his best and I've rinsed it for about ten years.

no idea i bought everything i could find with Tomatito on it from this shop on the corner of Calle Elvira for a couple of euros a time. and there was a dodgy cdr stall in the saturday market at Plaza Trinidad where i got a couple of things. just had a quick look on a popular filesharing website that i never use and there's loads of stuff there... dive in
know what u mean i don't like some of Camaron's stuff .. especially the unfathomably-popular flamenco-fusion crap he did towards the end when he was a hopeless junky. generally his cante jondo stuff is just mad strong... i love the stuff he did with Tomatito the most, this one does me in

Benny Bunter

Donaeo's giving away his new album! Haven't listened yet but its here:
]

Anyone checked this yet? Theres at least 3 real bangers on here. Maybe nothing quite as good as I'm Fly but still worth the download. Donaeo is such a good producer even if his vocals are a bit embarrassing sometimes.

I like Move to Gal Dem (a bit like party hard pt2)
I want ya (banger)
Explode

When Angels sing is quite nice too

gumdrops

i cant find the house 2011 post anymore - guessing its gone - but theres a tune i heard on live that might be an old one. its an american house track, and has a guy speaking about a kids balloon in it, in that typical chicago house spoken word style. anyone have an idea what it is? i really like it.