what you currently enjoying ?

connect_icut

I remember seeing Ween live once. Before the show started, there was this hippie couple behind me who kept saying stuff like "there's a lot of love in the house tonight". I could tell they'd never heard Ween before and were probably there because Phish were always name-checking Dean and Gene. The first two songs the band played were "Piss Up a Rope" and "Waving My Dick in the Wind". The hippies looked horrified and promptly left.

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
I worked with a guy, who I wasn't especially fond of, who'd heard Freedom of 76 on the radio and asked if all their stuff was like that. When I insisted that it was, he bought a ticket for a London show.

He was very very far from impressed with them. Or me.. :D

petergunn

plywood violin
the el michels affair wu tang record:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

nochexxx

harco pronting
I worked with a guy, who I wasn't especially fond of, who'd heard Freedom of 76 on the radio and asked if all their stuff was like that. When I insisted that it was, he bought a ticket for a London show.

He was very very far from impressed with them. Or me.. :D

haha.

made me dig out one of my favourite youtube clips

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
you got any mixtapes for DL? i could use some more country in my life.

just, you know, a couple ;)

this is my blog for when me and my mate go out as Randy & Earl's Old Record Club, there are a lot of mixes on there, but in particular

Hot Burrito #666 - not pure country, but all mariachi / mexican flavoured

Hundreds Of Sparrows - sombre, occasionally spiritual or gospel-inflected country

Are You Drinking With Me, Jesus - often really bloody stupid Christian country, some of which is just kitsch fun but there's some gorgeous stuff in there too

and from my other blog

Return Of The Streatham Hillbilly - which is British "alt"-ish country

bet you're sorry you asked now :)

scottdisco

rip this joint please
that kode9 sinogrime minimix

loving Brother Randy Hickey's recent entry upon the board, and their industrious posting :D

continuum

smugpolice
I've never seen this before or Keith Levene being interviewed at all

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

gumdrops

that heatwave funky bashment mix.
old reggae/dub like scientists vampires album (i like some of the dubs better than the vocals).
and the beach boys smiley smile.

nochexxx

harco pronting
just, you know, a couple ;)

this is my blog for when me and my mate go out as Randy & Earl's Old Record Club, there are a lot of mixes on there, but in particular

Hot Burrito #666 - not pure country, but all mariachi / mexican flavoured

Hundreds Of Sparrows - sombre, occasionally spiritual or gospel-inflected country

Are You Drinking With Me, Jesus - often really bloody stupid Christian country, some of which is just kitsch fun but there's some gorgeous stuff in there too

and from my other blog

Return Of The Streatham Hillbilly - which is British "alt"-ish country

bet you're sorry you asked now :)

ta! look forward to devouring these at some point.

FairiesWearBoots

O my, does anyone know the track at 56 minutes on this mix? Absolute beast. Sounds like Joker vs Drexciya.

not sure but I love the Burial track (last track) - never heard it before?? anyone?

got really excited by this but a bit let down on the sound - great tracks but clearly recorded by a punter in the crowd