what you currently enjoying ?

The vocal on Soul Control makes me melt inside, cained that song for 2 months straight and still hasnt lost any of its effect on me.

Someone told me Eminem has a new album out, havent and probably wont check but strangely enough for the last few weeks Ive been listening to these...

<object width="200" height="175"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="200" height="175"></embed></object>

<object width="200" height="175"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="200" height="175"></embed></object>

zhao

there are no accidents
fatmamehraliyeva2no6cz1.jpg

sovketalekberova1yf9ua3.jpg

27561271qa9vq3.jpg

134feea9fb5212d7f8accc488dda7d6e.jpg

cover1yy5fa2.jpg

carillo.jpg

jcarrillocs3.jpg

Tapa.jpg

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
I've discovered Black Carrot (thanks, Maconie) - very late I'm sure, but it's wonderful sort of funky krautrocky Beefheart stuff.

Been checking out Phosphorescent's back catalogue - kind of cosmic country but not the way Gram meant, I guess. Very extended and spacy and almost like a Spiritualized take on country if only Spiritualized weren't shite.

and the new Big Boi album rocks :)

zhao

there are no accidents
mr009-lg.jpg

A stunning LP of hypnotic country molam from Thailand. A rich tapestry of heavy percussion, xylophone, khaen & phin (more or less the Thai electric guitar). A strong groove behind an inherently psychedelic music.

STN

sou'wester
Sadly, I daresay I know the answer to this already, but:
Zhao, those records look great, are they easily available?

grizzleb

Sadly, I daresay I know the answer to this already, but:
Zhao, those records look great, are they easily available?
Quick search for the last press release throws up:

70's Thai Orchestra" by Thai Orchestra on Mississippi Records if you're curious.

Leo

digging guido's "anidea", maybe my most-listened-to album of the year so far. nice R&B touches throughout, great groove. makes for a cool, coherent listen, the whole album hangs together really well.

nochexxx

harco pronting
117876.jpg

loving what i've got through thus far. sometimes it reminds me of Baltan or Dissevelt, more so than her UK counterparts.

stephenk

digging guido's "anidea", maybe my most-listened-to album of the year so far. nice R&B touches throughout, great groove. makes for a cool, coherent listen, the whole album hangs together really well.

agreed - for me it's been a grower, i find myself throwing it on a lot without really thinking about it. only track i'm not feeling is "tantalized".

paolo

Mechanical phantoms

This album is pretty much what I expected, but in a good way :)