what you currently enjoying ?

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
117876.jpg

loving what i've got through thus far. sometimes it reminds me of Baltan or Dissevelt, more so than her UK counterparts.

Great album.
I wrote about it here if you fancy a read: http://includemeout2.blogspot.com/2010/06/daphne-oram.html

nochexxx

harco pronting
Great album.
I wrote about it here if you fancy a read: http://includemeout2.blogspot.com/2010/06/daphne-oram.html

sweet, look forward to reading this (blogs are banned at work :eek:) when i get home.

i love the sound of Daphne's 'Oramics' method, sounds more advanced technically speaking and to my ears more contemporary than her fellow workshoppers. i wonder if there's more to the back story of her leaving the Workshop so early on. i do find it strange she had such little mention in the documentary.

zhao

there are no accidents
Hukwe Zawose and Master Musicians of Tanzania - Tanzania Yetu

so.

fucking.

awesome.

proto shaangan in there for sure.

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
sweet, look forward to reading this (blogs are banned at work :eek:) when i get home.

i love the sound of Daphne's 'Oramics' method, sounds more advanced technically speaking and to my ears more contemporary than her fellow workshoppers. i wonder if there's more to the back story of her leaving the Workshop so early on. i do find it strange she had such little mention in the documentary.

I find her whole existence strange...in the context of the times...worthy of a biog, surely.
I've not found any definitive explanation of why she left the workshop - perhaps others at the Beeb weren't as forward-thinking or ambitious as her. It would seem as if she wanted to become a serious composer and possibly felt that the job was holding her back. Sadly, she also seemed to fail, ultimately, in that ambition, although I'm no expert on her complete works.

glottis5

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
David Crosby's 1971 solo album " If I Could Only Remember My Name" as recommended by no other than the Vatican :slanted: Don't let that put you off though, Garcia's steel on "Laughing" is worth the entrance fee alone.