what you currently enjoying ?

zhao

there are no accidents
yeah this Lana Del Rey seems to be class. didn't think this sort of thing can actually still work on me at all.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
can't help but feel that if this 'Lana De Rey' thing didn't already exist it would somehow be necessary, at this moment in time, to invent it. they're great-looking tunes, aren't they?

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
wow that's amusing zhao. as you say tho, it doesn't make a difference.. videogames and blue jeans are great youtube videos. be interesting to see what they do next with it, i hope for her sake it's the best thing in the history of things..

muser

I was going to say, her lips definitley look like they've gone a bit pete burns. &

A friend pointed out that it has some of the 'Wicked Game' vibe too, but better.

Glad you mentioned that was trying to work out for ages what it reminded me of, its not just the song though it seems like the whole production style of that kind of melancholic countrified rock from the 90's has been meticulously emulated. Its good though I like it

Ulala

Awkward Woodward
I am currently listening to this. It is very silly but wholly loveable. The video is great, some fine hanging out and riding around on a flatbed. I haven't smoked pot in ages but I kinda fancy doing it with 151 Feva Gang, they're having such fun! (I could do without the albino python, but pffft, each to their own.)

zhao

there are no accidents
i was smitten for about 30 minutes, but now my interest in this is only cursory, and entirely about the dynamics of manufactured cool. (loss of interst had maybe about 2% to do with the article)

wow that's amusing zhao. as you say tho, it doesn't make a difference.. videogames and blue jeans are great youtube videos. be interesting to see what they do next with it, i hope for her sake it's the best thing in the history of things..

but of course it does make a difference. how big or little is for each to decide...

hipster runoff needs to die in a fire, screaming.

hipster runoff: "What blogs will be 'simple' enough to hype her manufactured indie pop sugar? Who will 'pan' LanaBB? Who will be a coward and say "It doesn't matter where she comes from and what she looks like. She makes good music, and that's all that matters"?"

:D

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
enjoying the internet right now, love it when u discover a new little pocket of great stuff in amongst the horror of it all. been watching lukid's videos, they're great.

Last edited:

e/y

heh. but for me it's mostly b/c of the way he (and therefore the people he hires to write on the site) write. does my head in, esp. since a few people I know have started copying / using it in online conversations. plus that

FairiesWearBoots

some of the YT comments are hilarious -

"Why do people keep going on about her lips? If they were wrapped round your cock you wouldn't complain! So enjoy the music or comment on a Cher Lloyd video!

made me chuckle on a friday afternoon

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
argh, the authenticity bullshit on that blog does my head in. usually used against non-white artists (there was another thread on this, wasn't there...), but equally useful against women. Weren't similar accusations made vs Liz Phair by albini and co back in the day?

love her music, don't care if she had collagen or if she's a front for 'Them'. It's not even like she pretended to be a radical....

Leo

hercules & love affair "blue songs" (the much-maligned second album, delete a few tracks and it's a solid deep house album).

villalobos/loderbauer "Re: ECM" (cool background sounds, not dance music)

baobinga & co. "joint ventures" (i love that sound, nice to have everything compiled in one place)

cut hands "afro noise 1" (yeah, still)

chancha via circuito "rio arriba" (digital cumbia with enough traces of traditional style)

going back: amerie "touch" ("1 thing" and "talkin' about", so good)

going way back: "new breed presents sounds of the urban jungle" comp