Mercury sucks (2008 redux)

mos dan

fact music
I play football with the sun's showbiz editor (gordon sumfing)...do you want me to kick him in plagarism tomorrow night?

haha that's a pretty unlikely pairing, do you not play with people from the morning star dave? ;)

yes, if you could crunch him from behind that would be great. i just called up the sun and had a go at them as it happens... the woman on the other end of the line said 'well, isn't it maybe possible that bizarre spoke to burial and got exactly the same quote off him' to which i replied COME OFF IT. jeeeesus.

ps norman cook suggestion is fantastic.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
have Bizarre even interviewed Burial? doesn't seem right, do they do that kind of thing? fuck 'em, not worth the time.

mos dan said:
yes, if you could crunch him from behind that would be great.

you should really be doing that every week anyway, bun-u

mos dan

fact music
have Bizarre even interviewed Burial?

no of course they haven't! there's no way they'd ever get hold of him, let alone vice versa.

it's probably just because of my personal investment that i'm so annoyed, but how the hell can you have the chutzpah to STEAL a quote (from the article headline, no less!) and claim it was given to you?!?! i have emailed private eye, though i doubt they will care.

mos dan

fact music
they emailed me back and said it was a subbing error, bizarre should've been in lower case. sounds a bit dubious but evs, i don't care now!

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
hahaha- Burial is "threatening" one of the music industry's biggest nights. Doesn't that sound like a great comic book story plot? That just sounds awesome!

tom pr

hahaha- Burial is "threatening" one of the music industry's biggest nights. Doesn't that sound like a great comic book story plot? That just sounds awesome!
combined with the untrue cover it makes it look like he's secretly plotting the demise of the music industry over his cup of tea.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

gumdrops

cant believe hes outed himself! he looks quite diff to how i thought though. for some reason i thought he would look like one of those guys you see in rae and christian or a mr scruff looking guy. burials actually quite handsome. the first dubstep heartthrob maybe?

mms

sometimes
burials actually quite handsome. the first dubstep heartthrob maybe?

that's mala isn't it?

its funny that the Sun's default option to find out who he was was via a witchhunt with bounty, typical, while the rest of us just looked at his wikipedia entry.Still good they named the wrong guy in the paper the day after he outed himself

Pestario

tell your friends
cant believe hes outed himself! he looks quite diff to how i thought though. for some reason i thought he would look like one of those guys you see in rae and christian or a mr scruff looking guy. burials actually quite handsome. the first dubstep heartthrob maybe?

He looks exactly like he does on the front of Untrue (just with more facial hair).

crackerjack

Does anyone even care anymore?

Sad to say I've only heard 4 of these and only really like the Speech Debelle (Invisible would've been good if the singer could sing). But it's not like I'm fuming over what was left out (Heliocentrics/Mulatu maybe, Toddla T definitely). It's been a pretty weak year for UK albums.

And the Liberty Of Norton Folgate, of course - that should definitely have been in.

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Little Boots should have been in it as well, not that I like her stuff but she should have been. That Glasvegas might win it beggars belief.

I like the Horrors. And I don't care.

STN

sou'wester
I heard one track on the Speech Debelle LP on the radio and really liked it, yet whenever I see the album in a shop I just think 'I don't care about this'. Was the Toddla T album good? Passed up on it the other day for rockist reasons...

That Bat for Lashes album is fairly crap to be honest. I bought it because I'd quite like her to be my girlfriend, I think.