dave quam

That foot-foot-footwork track is Waxmaster. 1997. Thanks for pointing those tapes out, I only had one of those.

PS DJ Roc is weak as fuck I don't get what people hear in his stuff.

Benny Bunter

seriously, these DJ funk tapes are the tits. i'm far from being an expert on booty house but I can't imagine a better mixtape of this stuff than this Ghetto freaks one I've got on now, amazing stuff.

AZIZA

well im not in chicago, but id say they cant fuck with me, i make her say, fuck dat (this one especially) are all pretty stunning...

it's just garbage...where ghettohouse like funk or deeon can sound great in the raw, as it is essentially a fairly raw style of music in more than one sense, juke and footwork trackmaking is certainly more refined. all this bosses of the circle, flight music sounds tinny and weak, pretty much all produced on fruity with no real swing or feeling.. all these random ass claps and shitty drum kits, poor samples (or ghettotekz referencing)...vs what the tekz do which no one in here can argue is clearly the best djs and producers in the game. The Tekz have been the leaders in this....get to know already. Nate, Roc, Metro, Twhy, Young Smoke - that shit weak as hell. You can't footwork to the majority of it. That's why that shit gets played at the weaker footworking events where new footworkers go to dance. That's the only place it can get played...

It's like the shit people make when they're trying to figure out how to make a track
but never get there. REAL TALK.

AZIZA

Anyone who liked the funk tape should check out these two Traxman mixes for real:

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">

kaptaincadillac

aka Leatherface
just wanted to post the vid of our last Shake Dat Ass party ... but glad to see Azizaman already made it ;)
keep up the good work !

Nightmare Juke Squad - European Supremacy

gumdrops

i kinda agree with that summary of nate - apart from a few proper standouts (hatas our motivation, footwurk homicide, make em run, back down - i just love that old sample), it does sound a bit like someone still figuring their way around how to produce. i didnt think the roc album was all amazing, but he has a few really, really great ones imo. dj diamonds album is good too imo, its more techno-y footwork, but it works i think. but then, i dont mind the stuff that isnt 100% danceable.... i think ppl's perspective prob depends on how close they are to the scene/sound. obviously, im not close to either so im looking at it as an outsider without the context.

Last edited:

Vendetta

it's just garbage...where ghettohouse like funk or deeon can sound great in the raw, as it is essentially a fairly raw style of music in more than one sense, juke and footwork trackmaking is certainly more refined. all this bosses of the circle, flight music sounds tinny and weak, pretty much all produced on fruity with no real swing or feeling.. all these random ass claps and shitty drum kits, poor samples (or ghettotekz referencing)...vs what the tekz do which no one in here can argue is clearly the best djs and producers in the game. The Tekz have been the leaders in this....get to know already. Nate, Roc, Metro, Twhy, Young Smoke - that shit weak as hell. You can't footwork to the majority of it. That's why that shit gets played at the weaker footworking events where new footworkers go to dance. That's the only place it can get played...

It's like the shit people make when they're trying to figure out how to make a track

It's one thing to say this, but I think you should let everyone know on here that you are Rashad, Spinn's and Traxmans manager and your allegiance is to them and Ghettotekz so its in your interest to declare they are NO.1. I think everyone else can listen to the music and make up there own mind, and lets face it the people in Europe are not fussed if you can footwork to it or not.

Last edited:

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...

where is "there"? i like listening to people figuring out how to make a track, in fact i think that's one of the things i like about some Ghettotekz stuff

also that Twhy soundcloud mix that Slack posted has some real moments, listened a couple times

wise

bare BARE BONES
Ghettotekz are great but Azizas constant hyping is getting REALLY OLD.
You really need to back off a bit mate.

How interesting is a style of music ever going to be if you only listen to one crew?

Also there are far too many great tunes written on Fruity to go down that road as a criticism.

Roshman

Ghettotekz are great but Azizas constant hyping is getting REALLY OLD.
You really need to back off a bit mate.

How interesting is a style of music ever going to be if you only listen to one crew?

Also there are far too many great tunes written on Fruity to go down that road as a criticism.

This.

AZIZA

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH man you lot are way too funny

I'm being honest. I'll just stick to posting up media if people would prefer. I do what I can to answe your questions but this makes it seem like a waste of time. I make an effort to expose the truths within Chicago to the rest of the world but fuck that despite how relevant that is. Y'all clearly happy to listen to poorly produced goofy shit. That's on y'all. That just shows me how close you guys listen to the music if you can't hear the real from the weak.

As far as other crews go, I can't think of anyone from the new school apart from the Ghetto Tekz doing anything - no one apart from Tekz have toured outside of the Chi. If you are talking about Ghetto House, yea there's other crews that are dope, Blok Club djs (Deeon, Tone Skonie), Dance Mania (Funk still using the name), Geto Djz (Traxman, Jammin Gerald, Slick Rick da Master etc) and way more. I listen to far more than one crew within Chicago so it's safe to say my palette is far from limited. It comes down to production skills. Sorry I agree with Dave and you are mostly too sensitive to let someone air an opinion.

It doesn't really matter who I manage or where my allegiances are. My point is, people in Chicago don't have an ounce of respect for BOTC or Flight Muzik except for those immediately involved, meanwhile the Tekz are well respected. For example, why is it that Roc is asking to join DJ Earl's new track crew? Because he respects them.

I couldn't give a shit what anyone on here thinks about me. You're wasting your breath. I've put in the work from management to putting what little money I make into keeping DJs on the road as well as starting a label so that these trax can get out to y'all and a tv station so you can watch raw footwork videos.

It's cool tho, ignorance is bliss.

PUSSIES

luka

i wondr if wiley used to frequent music forums based in the midwest of america circa 2002 and hector users about the superiority of roll deep and how if they listened to nasty or boys in da hood they were pussies.

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
Maybe the 'Tekz should do a footwork diss track?

Or Aziza could just get on the mic on one of those Youtube sets and get it all off his chest...

Bunj

i wondr if wiley used to frequent music forums based in the midwest of america circa 2002 and hector users about the superiority of roll deep and how if they listened to nasty or boys in da hood they were pussies.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

the 'good production' argument usually kills any good dance genre anyways

Benny Bunter

I say let Azziza rant, it makes the thread far more interesting, whether you agree with him or not. In fact, someone get mms back on here so we can sit back and watch the fireworks.