dave quam

I'm totally biased as I know the GTz guys personally, but there are some people in other crews who I like, and I'm not going to turn my ears just because of affiliation. Jlin is dope and keeps getting better. A lot of those BOTC kids are really young still so they still have plenty of time to grow. I really only commented on Roc because someone said that he "favors a harder sound" which I disagree with. He's soft aside from a few tracks that I kinda like. But hey I'm not telling you to not listen to it, just my opinion.

That said, Rashad is the Wiley of this shit. His new album is gonna blow minds, it's wayyyyyyyyyyy better than anything footwork/juke related since this shit blew up. Unfortunately what most people have access to doesn't really paint a great picture of the scene, as most of my favorite stuff has yet to be released. Lit City will change that.

Quit raggin on Aziza he is only here to give you goons the goods.

Benny Bunter

I really think this argument about 'raw' is daft. For me Rashad's stuff is raw as well as being well produced. Its possible to have both!

'raw' could mean lots of different things, positive and negative. Unardorned, simple, badly prodeuced, amateurish, distorted, tracky, under-developed, real, street, etc etc etc...

luka

its funny to me. youre talking about a tiny scene in what is a pretty small insignificant city in global terms (2.5 million or so, although i acknowledge it punches above its weight in music terms) most people in chicago wouldnt have heard of this music but you still got this joker saying THE ONLY PEOPLE FROM THIS TINY SCENE IN THIS TINY CITY YOU CAN LISTEN TO ARE MY PERSONAL FRIENDS. EVERYONE ELSE IS A CUNT. DONT LISTEN TO THEM. thats a funny attitude to me.

gumdrops

roc symphony is cool too.

For me Rashad's stuff is raw as well as being well produced. Its possible to have both!

yeah its not like rashad and spinn are ultra polished. the way he used samples on those two ghettophiles ep were pretty rough sounding.

Wheezie

Captain Asthma
I'm totally biased as I know the GTz guys personally, but there are some people in other crews who I like, and I'm not going to turn my ears just because of affiliation. Jlin is dope and keeps getting better. A lot of those BOTC kids are really young still so they still have plenty of time to grow. I really only commented on Roc because someone said that he "favors a harder sound" which I disagree with. He's soft aside from a few tracks that I kinda like. But hey I'm not telling you to not listen to it, just my opinion.

That said, Rashad is the Wiley of this shit. His new album is gonna blow minds, it's wayyyyyyyyyyy better than anything footwork/juke related since this shit blew up. Unfortunately what most people have access to doesn't really paint a great picture of the scene, as most of my favorite stuff has yet to be released. Lit City will change that.

Quit raggin on Aziza he is only here to give you goons the goods.

THIS

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
On another note, this guy has been writing some jukey stuff lately in Japan.. Not super into his music but it's creeping in here and there haha:

Using fm synthesis on old Sharp X68000 computers...

kaptaincadillac

aka Leatherface
Just promoting the new release on Booty Call Records

artworks-000013990080-ex6h9w-original.png

DJ Earl - Triple Threat EP

Label : BOOTY CALL RECORDS
Catalogue number : BCR 0012
Format : Digital
Relase date : October 31th 2011
Tittle : Triple Threat EP
Artists : DJ Earl

Tracklist:
01 - DJ Earl - Triplet Threat
02 - DJ Earl - Dragged
03 - DJ Earl - Make U Mine
04 - DJ Earl - Flexin
05 - DJ Earl - Yapps On Deck
06 - DJ Earl - Without Love

Footwork whiz kid, DJ Earl entered the musical world in 2005 by means of dance battle. Joining the Creation Crew, he participates to local parties in the skating rinks building up his unfailing knowledge of this culture. In 2008 he meets DJ Spinn and DJ Rashad, and suddenly it was a trigger for him, he started to produce his own footwork tracks and will soon join the Ghetto Teknitianz beside Spinn, Rashad, Traxman and many others.
Digging his influences in footwork godfathers as RP Boo or Traxman, he also gets his inspiration in hip hop work as 9th Wonder, J-Dilla or Timbaland.
Just turned 20 and already many releases, DJ Earl represent the new generation of Chicago’s sound, between jazz and funk tunes, devilish synthesizers, unstructured hip hop samples, heavy sub basses and mesmerizing snares. His EP composed of six footwork tracks shows all his ability to produce, between techncity and minimalism, Earl’s sound is identifiable through all, soulfull or razor-sharp, he hasn’t finish to make you shake your head but mostly your feet!

BUY IT
Juno Download: http://www.junodownload.com/products/triple-threat-ep/1849131-02/
Beatport: http://www.beatport.com/label/booty-call-records/14023
Itunes:
Amazon:
STREAM IT
Soundcloud: Deezer: http://www.deezer.com/fr/music/dj-earl/triple-threat-ep-1310391

Let us know what u think

nochexxx

harco pronting

where will this come out and will it see a vinyl release?

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

just jacking my swag and sharing my new 'ritual homicide' mixtape with the dissensus mandem. went up on youtube midnight last night.

all done in 1 take. raw ting - no edits. inc fresh trax from earl, jlin, lil jabba, slick shoota, pillsbury, arpebu and lots of other sickhead producers that i'm really finna right now. straight up bangers plus some weirder / darker / more mutant styles from chicago, baltimore, norway and beyond! ggrrrr!!! tun it up! :D