wonky

alex

Do not read this.
anyone feel Funnybones by Bullion?? its got another tune by Paul White on the flip, really nice release, pretty limited too, Paul's clean dub or something.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
bfdr-ldn-msp.jpg

Owzaboutthatthen

mos dan

fact music
do you know what's so shockingly refreshing about that amazing post: it talks, at the highest level, about the music.

as music crit gets up to the highest levels, i'm often left with the nagging feeling that the actual music - structures, tones, arrangements, developments - is getting left behind, such that the only currency of value is the cultural one.

an example of this is at the nuum conference when Luton's Exodus collective were held up as the pinnacle of jungle in the context of Thatcher's Britain. now fair play to them but you'd only put them at the absolute pinnacle of the jungle movement if you were looking for socio-political movements within musical cultures, not the musical cultures themselves.

quite. big up rouge's foam, personally i don't know enough about the mechanics of music to write about it like that, and i admire people who can!

in re the nuum conf and debate, this was one of my main problems with bassline being held up by k-punk (not so much simon) as the most exciting type of music in britain: where, then, are the enthusiastic ravings about all the big bassline tunes and artists he's into? philosophy without detail or examples is just depressing imo

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I think bassline is one of those things that's easier to talk about generally as a scene and sound than in terms of particular tunes. Though even at this level, I agree it would be nice to see more writing about, say, how the bass science actually works, even if it was only from the point of view of a listener and how it affects them.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Wicked -- more please!

Presume this is aimed at me?

Did you get the Streets/Zomby one a page back in the thread?

Been working on a Brandy / Flying Lotus but can't get part of the vocal in time for some reason.

Fiddly

alex

Do not read this.
Paul Whites LP, Check this...(apologies if this has been posted twice)
1137103167-1.png

FORMATS:
£5: high quality download.

£11: high-quality download AND the ltd edition handmade, hand-stamped pillowcase CD (UK/EU)

£12:high-quality download AND the ltd edition handmade, hand-stamped pillowcase CD (R.O.W.)

£250: high-quality download, the ltd edition handmade, hand-stamped pillowcase CD, and a pair of exclusive beats made from samples of your choosing. Send us the music and Paul will do the rest. You might have to sign some kind of long-ass contract, but no-one else will ever own those beats.

£300: high-quality download, the ltd edition handmade, hand-stamped pillowcase CD and a pair of exclusive beats made from samples of your choosing mastered & cut to dubplate. Send us the music and Paul will do the rest. You might have to sign some kind of long-ass contract, but no-one else will ever own those beats.

Apologies to those who wanted the 'making beats and eating biscuits with Paul' option but after someone actually took us up on it, we had to retire it. This one is definitely for real. If the biscuit element is important to you, we''re definitely open to negotiation.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Have people got something against Fulgeance? or Brandy?

Oh well....

If anyone wants a wav of the Streets / Zomby bootleg PM me

wise

bare BARE BONES
really? when I log in to the file factory site it says no-ones downloaded it, sorry

Glad you liked it :eek:

vimothy

yurp
I downloaded it at some point on Friday in work. Dunno what time because I've reinstalled Firefox since then. Downloaded over the weekend at home (because I didn't have the chance to listen to it at work), but can't remember when.