minor "rules"

petergunn

plywood violin
eating hot food on the bus is gross. it smells up the joint. i don't wanna smell like yr Mickey D's just b/c you sat down next to me...

don_quixote

Trent End
it was a crunchie!!!

would you believe i was once on a bus in rural leicestershire (i think) and they had a sign banning 'loud headphones'. seriously, what the fuck? next theyll be banning loud conversations.

don_quixote

Trent End
i remember i got a bollocking from someone elses parent when i was a kid when she was bollocking her own kids (we were playing on a building site, hahaha) and then she marched round to our house to tell our parents. my mum just laughed when i got in. wahey!

D

droid

Sorry boss, that's just the way it's gonna have to be. Buy a car.

Food is banned on the buses here, but only enforced by cuntish drivers, I imagine its the same in the UK? Getting merked for a crunchie is rdiculous though.

Hot food on buses is balls. Stinks out the whole place. Plus loud headphones are really fucking annoying. I listen at reasonable volume but often have to turn it up to drown out the tinny wailing of some fuckwit listening to mega-trancehits 40 at deafening volume.

martin

----
I think eating should be banned on buses, enforced by cattle prods. You're supposed to be getting from A to B, not luxuriating in 'me time' like a bunch of adult babies.

swears

preppy-kei
I think eating should be banned on buses, enforced by cattle prods. You're supposed to be getting from A to B, not luxuriating in 'me time' like a bunch of adult babies.

I spend one and half hours a day on buses, I don't see why I should just waste all that time staring at the back of the seat in front of me, when I could be eating a crunchie or reading a book, or listening to music or whatever. It's one of the few occasions I actually get a bit of time to myself these days.

petergunn

plywood violin

this actually made me LOL, which i never ever do whilst reading shit online...

um, anyways...

sickboy, you are WRONG... the need of ONE person to inconveince a whole bus load of people by eating hot food (note: almost all hot food smells up an enclosed space) is pure and simple SELFISH...

i said i nothing about eating cold food (whatever the fuck a crunchie is, i will assume it is cold...). certainly IF YOU MUST, have a snack or whatever...

nothing wrong with reading or listening to headphones on the bus, swears, just don't mess with my commute by subjecting me (and every other person on the bus) to your taste in food or music...

lastly, people who play video games w/ the sound on or go thru every fucking ringtone on their phone on the bus/train need to be sent to some sort of scared straight boot camp like the kind they send underage drug dealers to, b/c they clearly do not grasp how to interact w/ people here in civilization...

D

droid

i said i nothing about eating cold food (whatever the fuck a crunchie is, i will assume it is cold...). certainly IF YOU MUST, have a snack or whatever...

Dear god. You don't know what a Crunchie is??

...go thru every fucking ringtone on their phone...

This should be punishable by death, regardless of extenuating circumstances.

john eden

male pale and stale
2090892496_c4f701b810.jpg

john eden

male pale and stale
If someone cooks you dinner, at their house, do you offer to wash up?

Not unless I am staying there, in which case a bit of washing up is small way of compensating for the inconvenience of them not being able to get into their own bathroom in the morning or whatever.

I think the deal is that if someone invites your over for dinner then you are expected to invite them back at some point.

If you happen to be round there casually and they end up cooking for you, then perhaps.

Don't offer to load their dishwasher though, people are really anal about that.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
If someone cooks you dinner, at their house, do you offer to wash up?

Only if they start to, in my books. Unless it's your nan or your girlfriend or something, in which case it's probably best to do it anyway.