[GLA] Upcoming Nights and Other Events, Rolling Thread

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Redinho's live set has legs, would love to hear more of that on a sound system more suited to the talkbox vocals. Deadboy was great too, but I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I could've due to being really tired. As luck would have it I was waiting at the bar when he played the Cassie remix, Stereo bar staff are the worst.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Saturday night was cracking, although I was far too drunk.
Yeah Redinho's live set impressed me too, different from most other recent live sets I've seen. Talbox! Jackmaster and Deadboy both played loads of great tunes, Theme From Slackk was def a highlight, as was I Feel This Way.
My (brief and fairly half-arsed) attempts at footworking went down like the proverbial lead balloon. To the guy giving me a lecture about it, couldn't really hear you but I'm sure you were in the right.
Sean, it was cool to talk to you more properly at the end, even if I wasn't making much sense by that stage...

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
All I remember is that we were talking about Wu Tang, and Paolo nearly fell over due to the drunk.

gostwan

Me of course! Here's the info.

Fortified presents:
Zed Bias
(2HR SET)

Jongerre b2b Gostwan

Bass Warrior Sound
28th May Glasgow School of Art
11-3 £7/£5 nus

-1-5.jpg

If you've been paying attention at the back, you'll know that from time to time at Fortified we like to shine a light on those pioneers who have perhaps been slightly overlooked as the years have progressed. Zed Bias is one such man. Perhaps most famous for his recently re-released top 40 hit Neighborhood, Zed has been djing and producing top quality house, garage, dubstep and broken beat for over a decade now and is not about to rest on his laurels. Its an absolute pleasure to welcome such a legend to play our club, so we are giving him 2 hours to work your body, and cover all the basses. Warm up comes from Jongerre and GostWan, who will be B2Bing it for the first two hours. As jerome is otherwise engaged, we place the whole evening in the hands of the Mighty Bass Warriors rig. Bump and Flex time!

http://www.myspace.com/zedbias
http://zedbias.podomatic.com/

+ A belting studio mix from jongerre right here.

Actress - Maze (long version) - Honest John's Records
Delphic - Halcyon (Julio Bashmore remix) - Tres Cool
Shake - Adifferentthoughtprocess - Frictional
Soundhack - B1 - Soundhack
Seiji - Yesman - Seiji
Cosmin TRG - Since Last Night - Tempa
VVV - Back To Life - Fortified Audio
Jeremy Sylvester - Everyday - DNRvinyl Records
Lenny Fontana - Spirit of The Sun (Steve Gurley Remix) - Public Demand
Alley Cats - Cover Me - Locked On
DJ Lewi - Hold me Tight (VIP 4x4 mix) - Moist Records
RIP Productions - The Players - Ice Cream Records
DJ Deller - Romantic Call - Not on Label
Shortstuff and Mickey Pearce - Tripped Up - Ramp Recordings
Youngstar - Bongo - DDJ's Productions
Hackman - Always (Brackles remix) - Shifting Peaks
Plastician - Aqua Riddim - Terrorythm Recordings
Mala - Bury Da Bwoy - DMZ
Corrupted Cru Feat MC Neat - G.A.R.A.G.E. (Narrows Resurection mix) - Red Rose Recordings
Drexciya - Andrean Sand Dunes - Tresor

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Checking out that Jongerre mix just now. Would def like to be there on Friday, but I'm not at all sure that I can afford to go out again this weekend. Will probably just decide on the night. Good luck with the 2 hour b2b anyway, sounds epic.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Yeah that Jongerre mix is sweet, shame about the Pendulum advert :)

While we're talking studio mixes, here's one I did earlier and which I have no qualms about shoving in here. Summertime vibes an ting

The Beach Boys - Don't Worry Baby
Flying Lotus - Glendale Galleria
Grievous Angel - Lady Dub
Pearson Sound - PLSN
Peverelist - Gather
Headhunter and Invisible - Luvdup
Geiom feat. Marita - Sugar Coated Lover
Ramadanman and Midland - Your Words Matter
Roska - Sheppard
Jinder - Youth Blood (Bok Bok remix)
James Fox - Put It Back
Virgo - School Hall
Deux - Game and Performance

gostwan

-1-6.jpg

Fortified vs Stay Plastic
Doc Daneeka (PTN, Ten Thousand Yen, Tres Cool)
La Cheetah
73 Queen Street
£8

For July Fortified and Stay Plastic go head to head for the first time to bring you one of the UK's most talked about producers. Doc Daneeka is getting alot of well deserved press at the moment with both BBC and Fact Magazine listing him in their top 10 producers to look out for in 2010. The last year or so has seen the Welshman release his debut EP on the Ramp Recordings offshoot Pattern and high profile remixes for the likes of DMZ, Delphic, Jazzanova and most recently for Venom and Damage's "Deeper" which has been slaughtering floors the world over. This is also Doc's first trip to Glasgow so why not come down and see what all the hype is about, we'd both stake our reputation on the fact that this is without doubt gonna be one of the highlights of the summer!

Gostwan, Wardy and Sidrad provide support

http://www.myspace.com/therealdocdaneeka

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Artist's impression of what it's like to meet Kyle Hall:
His DJ set was fantastic though.
Would happily give other Jelly Roll Soul nights a shot.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Some decent stuff coming up soon

DJ Overdose tonight at Stay Plastic (I'll not be able to make this :( )
DJ Funk at Monox on the 1st
MF Doom at The Arches on the 19th (not be able to make that either but should be good)
Oni Ayhun and Veronica Vasicka at Huntley and Palmer's on 30 October

Might go to Big Boi, I'll see how the bank balance is looking next month