[GLA] Upcoming Nights and Other Events, Rolling Thread

gostwan

Aye please note that the butterz night is on Sat 27th now, not Friday 26th as says on the flier.......Dont ask!!

gostwan

BUTTERZ3-WEB-72dpi.jpg

For this months Fortified we'll be shining the light on two of Grime's most recent talents: Elijah & Skilliam. Challenging the sometimes orthodox Grime circuit with a focus on good mixing, quality productions & less hype, these East London boys are coming correct and building a solid reputation for themselves in the process. Masters of all mediums, they can currently be sought out not only on their Rinse FM show, but also on an iTunes podcast they present as well as the numerous mixes they have on their mixcloud page. Elijah is also the co-founder of Grimeforum.com, which we can honestly say is a hell of a lot less serious and slightly more entertaining the dubstep counterpart. But obviously running two radio shows, a successful internet forum and recording numerous mixes for mixcloud just isn't enough, and this year Elijah decided to take the logical step and start a record label. Butterz first forthcoming release will come in the form of the 'Bipolar' EP by grime man-of-the-moment Terror Danjah, "a swerving, Joker-influenced killer made while on the phone to Elijah", and their next 12" will be a compilation boasting tracks from Royal-T, SRC and Silencer. All this shows that Elijah & Skilliam have taken the Clay Davis maxim of "crawl, walk, then run" and completely ignored it. All the better for it we thinks.
Bringing up the helm, as if it were needed, is local hooligan done good Taz Buckfaster, who's debut album for Rwina and 12" for Numbers are dropping real soon, and the usual warm up from Electric Eliminators. B.A.S.S. as ever supplies the scoops.

11pm-3am GSA £5 students/£7 the rest

http://verybutterz.blogspot.com/
http://www.myspace.com/butterzuk
http://www.mixcloud.com/butterz/
http://www.myspace.com/buckfaster

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Taz Buckfaster's recent material is a LOT

Just noticed I made a double post up there, my dodgy work internet strikes again

gostwan

Dont forget that Fortified Audio's launch party is this weekend at a secret warehouse location in the merchant city. Well not that secret, its the old home studios, sure you can seek it out, but thats all I can say on here. Live sets from Loops Haunt, Gravious, Darrell, and dj support from all the eliminators team. 11pm-6am ;)

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Dont forget that Fortified Audio's launch party is this weekend at a secret warehouse location in the merchant city. Well not that secret, its the old home studios, sure you can seek it out, but thats all I can say on here. Live sets from Loops Haunt, Gravious, Darrell, and dj support from all the eliminators team. 11pm-6am ;)

Oooh, may well be up for this. Would it be safe enough for you to PM me the location? :)

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Good night, bad way for it to end.
I hope the organisers and the venue staff didn't get in any more trouble after we left?

Elijah

Butterz
BUTTERZ3-WEB-72dpi.jpg

For this months Fortified we'll be shining the light on two of Grime's most recent talents: Elijah & Skilliam. Challenging the sometimes orthodox Grime circuit with a focus on good mixing, quality productions & less hype, these East London boys are coming correct and building a solid reputation for themselves in the process. Masters of all mediums, they can currently be sought out not only on their Rinse FM show, but also on an iTunes podcast they present as well as the numerous mixes they have on their mixcloud page. Elijah is also the co-founder of Grimeforum.com, which we can honestly say is a hell of a lot less serious and slightly more entertaining the dubstep counterpart. But obviously running two radio shows, a successful internet forum and recording numerous mixes for mixcloud just isn't enough, and this year Elijah decided to take the logical step and start a record label. Butterz first forthcoming release will come in the form of the 'Bipolar' EP by grime man-of-the-moment Terror Danjah, "a swerving, Joker-influenced killer made while on the phone to Elijah", and their next 12" will be a compilation boasting tracks from Royal-T, SRC and Silencer. All this shows that Elijah & Skilliam have taken the Clay Davis maxim of "crawl, walk, then run" and completely ignored it. All the better for it we thinks.
Bringing up the helm, as if it were needed, is local hooligan done good Taz Buckfaster, who's debut album for Rwina and 12" for Numbers are dropping real soon, and the usual warm up from Electric Eliminators. B.A.S.S. as ever supplies the scoops.

11pm-3am GSA £5 students/£7 the rest

http://verybutterz.blogspot.com/
http://www.myspace.com/butterzuk
http://www.mixcloud.com/butterz/
http://www.myspace.com/buckfaster

Proper looking forward to this! You lot will be getting pure unheard!

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I know I come on this thread pretty much every weekend and say 'woah that was a big night last night', but it really was an especially big night last night. :)
The Butterz djs are very talented, and they have such an amazing amount of top new productions in their bag at the moment. It seemed like every tune they were playing was a killer in one way or another. Very keen on Numb by Starkey & P Money right now. Taz played a lot of good stuff too, was cool to meet him briefly at the end.

Elijah

Butterz
cheers bruv it was a lot of fun playing to a bunch of people that came out for that and that knew their stuff, was fully in my element! Didnt hold back on the selection at all, and when I realised it was the last 10 mins I wish I had another 30! Big up everyone that was there

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Some good stuff coming up

9 April - Numbers - Modeselektor
16 April - Fortified - Headhunter and Hyetal
17 April - Numbers - Deadboy and Redinho
30 April - HYP? - Zinc and L-Vis 1990
7 May - Numbers - Joy Orbison and Kavsrave

gostwan

-1-3.jpg

For this months Fortified we welcome the "label dedicated to the emotive, musical and innovative styles of bass heavy music", Soul Motive. It's all in the name really. Already a serious force on the scene, Soul Motive have been moving units of polished hybrid Bass music to novice and connoisseur alike since its first release, the mighty Snake Eater, by Joker. The labels aim is to bring established artists like El-B, Rossi B & Luca etc into the same playing field as up and coming talents such as Eleven Tigers, Sharmanji & Coleco while maintaining a broad pallet of styles to choose from. Heading up this takeover will be Fortified favourite Headhunter, well known for breaking moulds across genres. Under his recent alias Addison Groove, he birthed the dancefloor monster "Foot Crab/Dumb Shit", which has been thouroughly rinsed by everyone who's need their floor to go bannana's, and more particularly has been turning heads and moving feet with his ever progressive DJ sets which are a joy for us to hold host to. Next up is Hyetal, a man who's been building steam, recognition and justified hype for his forward thinking productions, with "Gold and Soul being a particular fave round these parts. Seeing the current appeal and future potential of this fresh sound, labels like Punch Drunk, Planet Mu & Reduction have also sought out and released Hyetal's music. Last, but definitely not least, is Soul Motive label head Forsaken. Not just the guy who calls the shots at S.M's office, Forsaken is a purveyor of what we think is some of the most original music to come out of the UK's current underground climate. The chugging western funk of "Last Saloon Swagger" and the cinematic garage/house crossover vibes of "Into The Sunset" are just a couple of the sonic nuggets Forsaken has blessed us with so far, and with no signs of stopping anytime soon.
This is going to be a capital evening of the Fortified crew doing what they do best – ensuring you get to hear what you need to hear first and in fine style so make sure you’re in full attendance.

www.soulmotive.co.uk
www.myspace.com/soulmotiverecords
www.myspace.com/dubstepheadhunter
www.myspace.com/hyetalmusic
www.myspace.com/forsakendubstep