The press release hall of shame thread

KifNKin

Found it while rummaging through the slop of the Stool Pigeon demo pile.

Dug it out the bin when I saw this thread and typed it all out by hand, which would be too much in any other case, but this is so bad it's almost hallucinogenic.

KifNKin

Nah, she looks like one of those girls that cries all the time

Tho actually there's usually quite a big correlation between the two if the memory of my teenage years hasn't succumbed to hypnagogic rewrites

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
I've saved the colour and the sizing for you:

Theorizing that one could through the use of bass frequencies, travel between parallel universes, A Dubstep production and DJ trio known as Crushington led an elite group of bass scientists into the desert to develop a top-secret project known as The Sine Wave Leap. Pressured to prove their theories or lose record label funding, Crushington prematurely stepped into the bass accelerator, and vanished.

They awoke to find themselves in another universe; our own. Soon afterwards sent to prison for a music piracy crime they didn't commit, Crushington promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade, fleeing into the international underground.

Fortunately, contact with their own universe was maintained through brain-wave transmissions with Steve, their project observer, who appears in the form of a hologram which only Crushington can see and hear, and led them to their sympathetic allies; The Upbeats and Black Sun Empire.

Trapped in our world, they find themselves leaping from gig to gig, studio to studio, putting bass where things were once treble; and hoping each time that their next leap will be the leap home.

A little piece of me died.

boyalive

looking for a good cowboy
Thats more of a win than a fail imo, especially the quantam leap bit at the end and the guy who only appears as a hologram.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Thats more of a win than a fail imo, especially the quantam leap bit at the end and the guy who only appears as a hologram.

Yeah they sound like fun.

It's the jumpers hanging off the trees that do it for me in the other one. I actually had a conversation with myself about how they thought up the concept for it, but it was so banal that I'm not gonna bother typing it.

bobbin

What
one thing i'm finding quite silly lately is blatant mail merging in a pathetic attempt to make it look a personal message. or even worse and lazier, this:

Hi Mate

How was your weekend?

Reason I’m getting in touch is that Cocoon in the Park is just under 4 weeks away and would be really keen to get some press in your publication on the festival….

Here are a few ideas

er, i kind of clocked that i've been bcc'd, 'Mate', but now i really want to tell you about my weekend AND cover cocoon in the park. so kind of you to come up with the ideas as well!

how do they get your email, i wonder? is it serial interns/former employees stealing the company database and spreading it around the world of music PR?

bobbin

What
Hello xxxx,

Oh, those crazy Russians... What do we know about them? Vodka, bears and black caviar? Best figure-skaters, gorgeous Russian models dating with Hollywood celebrities, Russian Forbes Top 100 businessmen dating with top models? OK, that's very interesting, but we want you to tell you about the undiscovered party paradise that is Kazantip Republic.

I hope you had a nice bank holiday weekend too.

Thanks,
Nikki x

KAZANTIP REPUBLIC - PARTY PARADISE IN THE UKRAINE

Kazantip Republic has been going strong for 18 years and is a space where people can totally express themselves: DJs, musicians, producers, film makers, designers, performers, freaks, beautiful dancing girls and toned kitesurfing boys. Having been compared to Ibiza and Burning Man, Kazantip has a wide range of parties 24/7, art projects, and a community of crazy people set against the mind blowing back drop of a technicolour light show - it looks like a giant space ship at night.

But why Republic? Of course Kazantip is a mythical republic, which does not exist but it is independent and sovereign. It has its own basic laws, President, Government and citizens - creative freaky people who are tired of normal ordinary life.

And you may have never heard about this imaginary Republic until now, but Sven Vath, Dubfire, Timo Maas, Paul van Dyk, Armin van Buuren, Crystal Method, LTJ Bukem, Oliver Huntemann, Stephan Bodzin, Tigerskin, James Zabiela, Robert Babicz and hundreds more well-known artists perform at Kazantip every year.

ARTIST QUOTES:
"It was a great experience for me to perform at the Kazantip. I had heard a lot about the World's longest Techno party and I was not disappointed. A festival site that reminds of the props of a Mad Max movie, but much more colourful and friendly - and exactly that was also how the crowd was like and I was warmly welcomed with many gestures of friendship" Sven Vath

"Once in a lifetime experience!! KAZANTIP on Popovka beach Ukraine. Many people told me this is the best festival where you HAVE to go to... And I've seen it now myself. Believe the hype! You have to see this! Amazing!! Thank you Kazantip!" Armin Van Buuren

bobbin

What
no brainer by the sounds of it!

i love the way she starts an email about the ukranian festival she's been hired to reprsent with an extended riff on russians. obviously done the research.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Haha it's about time Kazantip emerged on this message board. Look it up on youtube, someone did a little documentary on it. To go there you actually need to apply for a de facto "passport", since they take their status as a "republic" half-seriously. Apparently there is a lot of fucking that goes on and it is high on the list of holiday getaway spots for the Russian Mafia.

PeteUM

It's all grist
Seemingly trying to underwhelm on purpose:

Raw Linx Presents....

Bored of the same old emails from artists/labels/bands trying to sell themselves? Then delete this one straight away! If not then thank you and keep reading.

Lex Jones was crowned King of the Mic 2009, this has helped him to progess his career.

"Yea I took my telly off of stand by, but machines work nights making products that we're never going to buy" Not the hardest line to come up with but it speaks for itself.

His first single Ever had that Feeling is available from iTunes: