luka

This is the first book I've read in a while where thinking begins to feel like physical exertion.
thinking doesnt exist. all you are doing is wrinkling your brow. in the same way you might if you were badly constipated. you either get it or you dont.

version

Screenshot-from-2021-10-05-18-01-45.png

linebaugh

So they're saying that it's a bit uncoordinated or something, cos whilst it is a workforce, they cannot work in any kind of meaningful way as a whole?
No not that it's a bit uncoordinated but that if the workforce wanted to, it could become a work force with an entirely different end. The workforce of the sandwich shop could say fuck it and start making furniture. I believe thats why the bwo is called 'anti-production.' The workforce as the bwo is the virtual body of possibilities for production, just like capital is the virtual body of possibilities for capitalistic production

Last edited:

catalog

No not that it's a bit uncoordinated but that if the workforce wanted to, it could become a work force with an entirely different end. The workforce of the sandwich shop could say fuck it and start making furniture. I believe thats why the neo is called 'anti-production.' The workforce as the bwo if the virtual body of possibilities for production, just like capital is the virtual body of possibilities for capitalistic production
What's the neo?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
whats confusing is that all the terms shift depending on the angle you look. the bwo in one system may not be the bwo in another system.

Ive heard it described that the workers, as a group in the abstract, are the bwo of the factory- the undefined conglomeration of work power before it begins producing as individualized roles. Ive also thought of it as the hypothetical ur-shape of a fractal pattern in that its impossible to isolate said shape from the fractal pattern due to its where-does-it-end/begin nature but its this hypothetical shape that the pattern is producing 'on top of'

but really getting hung up on terms isnt advised because they largely abandon them for different but basically the same terms in following sections. its like the book produces word clouds that capture a general vibe/phenomenon in lieu of definitions.
Yeah I think “undefined” here is critical, at least for my understanding of these things.

Although I’m less about proper exegesis, and more about sifting and analyzing in the interest of finding concepts that work for you.

I would say the organization without departments would be a body without organs, only at that point it arguably wouldn’t qualify as an organization. At that zero point of organization, it’s as if every person is an organ unto themselves, and the collective is a collection of singular unorganized units.

I still love much of this stuff as pure philosophy, but I would prefer to find applications.

luka

what do you think you are thinking about version? i mean, what is the fundamental problem you are absorbed in? there is nothing to think about. there are opactities but you wont make them transparent by 'thinking' whatever it is you think thinking is.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
In more of a pure philosophy way, I do like the idea of colliding different sectors of logos that rarely see cross-pollination with each other, to see what may arise. E.g deleuzean finance, just letting schizo theory engines run free and watching what gets spontaneously created.

version

what do you think you are thinking about version? i mean, what is the fundamental problem you are absorbed in? there is nothing to think about. there are opactities but you wont make them transparent by 'thinking' whatever it is you think thinking is.
I think I'm describing having to actively concentrate. My usual experience of reading is understanding the words and sentences at the speed they're being read, but with this I'm having to reread things and finding myself not actually knowing what I've just read.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
The intro epigraph's great,

"We must die as egos and be born
again in the swarm, not separate
and self-hypnotized, but individual
and related."
—Henry Miller, Sexus
It may be interesting to posit the ego as the immaterial phenotype of a certain region of the brain, rather than just trying to defy it completely which often seems to amount to chasing ones own tail and inflaming the very condition one may be seeking to remedy, I.e internal suffering.

Thinking in terms of “I” and “me” may have some kind of cultural basis, but it could also be understandable as an artifact of our own wetware. I think Thousand Plateaus starts with some comment about transcending the ego.