malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
I meant history of philosophy books. Sure, call them interpretative books if you want. But when it comes to the history of philosophy, they're as good as it gets.

version

Gilles Deleuze from A to Z is on YouTube.

'D for Desire' is a pretty good overview of Anti-Oedipus, but it's funny to hear him stress the simplicity of his and Guattari's concepts when he knows full well the book isn't written the way he explains it in the interview.

There's a good bit in 'G for Gauche' where he says he never became a communist like some of his friends because he couldn't stand the meetings and people going round with petitions.

woops

is not like other people
Found a copy of Le Pli in a charity shop today, plus Blanchot's Lautréamont et Sade, which I am marginally more likely to read.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I’m curious to learn more about what Deleuze-guattari have to say about nomadology and Rhizomatics and schizoanalysis - which work of theirs should I check out? @linebaugh @version ? I got four sections into a thousand plateaus, not sure if it has what I’m looking for. I’m seeking to apply schizoanalysis to Machiavelli’s political theories, and I don’t want to mischaracterize D-G.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I’m also curious about a certain definition of philosophy, as the generation of useful concepts, which I think is considered the deleuzian approach to philosophy, but I don’t know if this is true or, if it is, where Deleuze explains.

version

I’m curious to learn more about what Deleuze-guattari have to say about nomadology and Rhizomatics and schizoanalysis - which work of theirs should I check out? @linebaugh @version ? I got four sections into a thousand plateaus, not sure if it has what I’m looking for. I’m seeking to apply schizoanalysis to Machiavelli’s political theories, and I don’t want to mischaracterize D-G.

Capitalism and Schizophrenia. Those are the books on that stuff. I'm not sure what you're after if ATP didn't cover it. It has a chapter specifically on the rhizome. And AO introduces schizoanalysis. The final chapter's called 'Introduction to Schizoanalysis'.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Capitalism and Schizophrenia. Those are the books on that stuff. I'm not sure what you're after if ATP didn't cover it. It has a chapter specifically on the rhizome. And AO introduces schizoanalysis. The final chapter's called 'Introduction to Schizoanalysis'.
Yeah it was a few years ago I started it, haven’t picked it up since, but what you’re describing does sound like exactly what I’m looking for.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I love how Luke laughs at every sincere attempt at intellectual cultivation, but also DMs me disparaging remarks about how I lost my soul and gave up and caved in to the impulse of perennial shitposting. Just kidding, I don’t love that.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I guess part of what I’m curious about is whether it’s worth working through these dense books to get a practical sense of this stuff, but on the other hand I also just want to do a bit of due diligence if I’m gonna be using these concepts. Also it was a while ago that I started ATP (never read Anti Oedipus) and I honestly just don’t recall what I read, because I didn’t really have an intended application of the knowledge (which I think generally helps in terms of retention) until now.

version

I guess part of what I’m curious about is whether it’s worth working through these dense books to get a practical sense of this stuff, but on the other hand I also just want to do a bit of due diligence if I’m gonna be using these concepts. Also it was a while ago that I started ATP (never read Anti Oedipus) and I honestly just don’t recall what I read, because I didn’t really have an intended application of the knowledge (which I think generally helps in terms of retention) until now.

You could probably get away with just reading interviews and guidebooks, but I think you should read them. Better to be a blagger who didn't understand the book than one who didn't read it.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
I guess part of what I’m curious about is whether it’s worth working through these dense books

Dude...yes! That's why Deleuze is so well-regarded, C & S is THAT good (not that I've read all of it).

Hint: if you find Anti-Oedipus too hard, try reading Politics of Experience by RD Laing. It's a shorter book that explores concepts similar to schizoanalysis in a way friendlier to English-speaking audiences.

And if you think C & S is dense, try Difference and Repetition! I love that one (not that I've read all of it).