Overwhelmingly joyful tunes

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The toilet attendant thing is just a ruse to cut down on really overt drug use, isn't it?

I think that's the main idea.

Last year I got talking to a toilet attendant who turned out to be Fela Kuti's old sax player.

Nomad: there are, annoyingly, toilet attendants even in (some) not particularly upmarket clubs in London. It's a totally superfluous service of course (from the customer's POV, I mean) but I do usually end up tossing the guy a quid because it's his living, after all. Plus it's easy to be generous when you're very high.

Last edited:

crackerjack

I always thought it was a rich person thing. They do it all the best Manhattan hotels, too, like the Carlysle and the Ritz. It's very annoying, especially when you are trying to do drugs and you feel the Mexican women waiting for you and listening, so they can be the first to open the door for you. And then when they try to dry your hands for you, ugh... you're supposed to tip them, too, btw.

ha, yeah, I know, I always try to stop them even getting their hands as far as the soap dispenser, cos I feel a embarrassed about never giving them a penny.

My feeling is that it probably started as something in rich clubs, but then spread to other normal, but high profile ones. In London, you see them in fabric or The End (RIP), neither of which are particularly swank. Although if The End was serious about curtailing drug use, they might have got rid of that very convenient chest-high little silver shelf they had in a few of the cubicles.

Bettysnake

twisted pony ******
I agree, I think feminine actually just stands in here for enjoyable. It's music that the majority would want to move to & sing along to, opposed to music to overtly technical music, based more upon the appreciation of the producer's programming skills and the music's "weight".

with the blahdiblah's and the blahdiblahs

Feminine pressure or whatever just means you can actually DANCE to it.

oh and this

mixed_biscuits

I was late getting to church on the morning of my ceremony

Stayed up too late the night before from fingering foreign dirty holes in the dark
The morning sun blinded my eyes and made my skin look pale and tainted in light

And there were steps to climb as I unloosened my tie
As I began to walk the aisle the congregation looked behind

But I continued past the pews and met my angel in a suit with a smile

And as I looked him in the eye I heard my best friend cry
That we aren't fools to fall in love but let 'coupledom' die

Ban marriage (x 2)

The minister was drunk and high from his rewrite of holy verse with more lies
But the organist she played with a tenacity and grace that was fine

The whole room was filled with the thunder and flood
Of just one chord; the thrill and clarity of sound

But soon the song went slowly dead and I was forced to take a stand on one side:
It was him or my fag hag, oh well, I guess she was never that good of a friend

After my fag hag friend had fled the minister looked mighty fed and content

We said his rewritten vows that I could hardly pronounce
but was soon drowned out by that organ and the shout of

Ban marriage (x 4)

The congregation, stunned and dumbed, looked upon me with an innocuous stare
I wept and on my knees I prayed that there be truth and there be light in my day

In my hung-over daze I felt the thunder of God
It was the orders that I take the wrath upon my own rod

Then I repeated my own vows, they were perverted and they smelled of myself

"That there is splendor in the harshness of bum
that consummation makes a grumble and the sound that I have learned called:

Ban marriage (x 6)

D

droid

The_Slate004691_display.jpg

Benny Bunter

Sweet Harmony, or any number of old hands in the air rave anthems.

anything Ive heard by Todd Edwards.

The Beatles singing Twist and Shout.

zhao

there are no accidents
no joy in music can compare to the joy in african music. to me at least.

not one of her OVERWHELMINGLY joyful songs where hands are reached skyward, feet are stomping, and all you see are smiles for miles and miles... it is a subtle, no less powerful joy... check those CLICKS!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: