Overwhelmingly joyful tunes

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
... That was a fairly negative way to start the day.

Certainly does it for me.

Ohmygosh that is fantastic.

And now just to piss all over hamarplazt's chips, here's a non-tasteful but fully joyful nuum track:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And oddly, depending on the mood I'm in I'll find this track either fills me with warmth & happiness, or makes me feel proper sad inside (melancholy techno FTW):

Client Eastwood

Jackson Sisters - I believe in miracles

Instant Smile

Client Eastwood

Carl Craig - Butterfly

Awww Shucks :)

Client Eastwood

Hey Leroy, ya mama, she calling you maayn . .

Jimmy Castor Bunch

3 Body No Problem

any Suburban Base tune Rachel Wallace sang on

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=8887196541372535362&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>

<embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

massrock

Or possibly 1824.

This was actually the first thing that came to mind, although I'm not sure if the emotion is anything as simple as Joy.

massrock

Is there a difference between songs that seem to be bursting with joy and songs that actually make you feel joyful? I suppose you have to actually like something or else it could be irritating. And I suppose we all might have different ideas about what joy sounds like or even is.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
What's the song that establishes the greatest distance between instrumental joy and lyrical despair (without it being done solely for superficially ironic effect)?

This Ole Heart of Mine I've always thought was one of those songs that makes people just slash their wrists for pretty much that reason. Alot of those Sixties soul tracks actually.

Les Fleurs is the most joyous song ever made though. I can't even imagine making something that good.

</EMBED>

mms

sometimes
dance 2 trance - i believe in the power of american natives

n trance set you free
atlantic ocean waterfall

they put the unbearable before the joyous though

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Am I the only one who is tired of every single thread on dissensus degenerating to a lazy youtube dump?"
When you're talking about music I can't think of any better way of conveying the music you're discussing to someone else than by playing it to them. Youtube allows you to do that easily so I don't see a problem - certainly not as a jumping off point.

"Smokey - Tracks of My Tears..."
My mum's favourite song.

"This Ole Heart of Mine"
One of my all time favourites - also Les Fleur (though what is the significance of the grammatical error in the title - if any?).

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
This is not correct, it was 1971. :p

I'm sorry comrade, but unfortunately you fail to comprehend the correct nuumological significance & context of Beardy German Blokes w/Synthesizers (henceforth referred to as BGBs). early BGB work is either too avant-abstract, not hairy enough (i.e. early Kraftwerk) or in the case of kosmiche, too beardy - somber-solemn & mystical - (Tangerine Dream, Popol Vuh) to be properly Joyful. not enough Feminine Pressure is there, what with all these BGBs hiding themselves away in rented castles & holding 24 hour jam sessions. you can only do that when there's no girls around innit.

Neue Deutsche Welle has a kind of grimly joyless Joy about it. a loopy sense of itself you might say.

This was actually the first thing that came to mind, although I'm not sure if the emotion is anything as simple as Joy.

I dunno, is Joy simple? I usually find it to be quite messy & complicated.

Joy

talking about that music/words disconnect - the ineluctable calypso-from-outer space vibe doesn't jive at all with the militancy of lyrics - well militant joy I guess...

Steel & Skin - Fire in Soweto

speaking of militant joy:
UR - Jupiter Jazz
Perception & Mad Mike - Windchime
Suburban Knight - Midnight Sunshine - probably my favorite techno track
The Martian - Search Your Feelings

and just for the hell of it:
Smokebelch II (Beatless Mix)

and the guy they shamelessly ripped if off of
- not very joyous, that

Last edited: