Convince me why I should like The Beatles

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
To mark the 50th anniversary of Tomorrow Never Knows, Andrew Liles did a a 50minute time-stretch of the song.

Fucking around with a song he clearly loves is a world away from some hacked job at remastering reinterpreting what some cunts think these works should sound like alongside Ed Satan on streaming platforms. The hubris of some humans knows no bounds.

version

The final three tracks on m b v seemed like Shields got really into Tomorrow Never Knows and kept pushing it further and further.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
GAS I think captures the feeling of acid in nature more than anything I've heard. It's sort of emotionally inscrutable and alien. Texturally like cloud - shifting, dissolving, gathering all the time but at the same time quite monotonous.

Aphex ambient stuff too, naturally. I tried playing On Land but my friend I was with thought it was too intense.

The last time when craners top 100 saved me it was hardcore above all that sounded totally amazing.

I've not done it enough to experiment with different sorts of music, unfortunately.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was pleased at how resistant it was to simplification and interpretation. Having been horrified by some piece of shit film I'd been watching before, and adverts. There was nothing about it that you could actually say, categorically, was stupid. I felt the acid put me in touch with a more exacting, sensitive and instinctive aesthetic sensibility and that The Shining didn't fail being tested by it.

This was a very important experience for me because it made me see with complete clarity how important art is and how abject advertising (which I effectively work in) is.

This is what I remember now, this intellectual thing. I can't remember now how I FELT about it. I was unnerved and disturbed by it but also (as many times before) thought it was very funny and sly.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I get this with weed sometimes this inability to tolerate (what I hear as) mediocrity. Which is weird cos most of the time weed makes me pliable to any old shit that sounds a bit "deep".

Tripping does seem to make crass manipulation very obvious, feel very stupid and sometimes sinister. Bad acting is hilarious, shit graphic design is hilarious. Aesthetic sensitivity gets heightened and polarised

In that state it’s obvious how much of what we do in life we do to dull and diminish perception because it’s too much, always taking the edge of and distracting ourselves

luka

Tripping does seem to make crass manipulation very obvious, feel very stupid and sometimes sinister. Bad acting is hilarious, shit graphic design is hilarious. Aesthetic sensitivity gets heightened and polarised

I never miss an opportunity to mention how vengaboys sounded like Nazi Youth marching music in 1999.

luka

Someone said something clever on the Eurovision thread that reminded me of this. Something about Europop plugging into deep atavistic Euro folk perversions.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
this one has a quite oldskool hardcore meets gay hard house at turnmills club vibe. until the cheesy vocals come in, i mean.

but just listen to this instead, this is what turbofolk should sound like.

luka

definitely reaches back into a pre-capitalist European past though and forward into fascism.

That Yomanda tune was in the clubs when I first started going and getting on it, last year of school, i even owned the vinyl on manifesto I think. Seems weird but that sounded really modern at the time, although I guess you're young and everything is novel.

That stuff used to get played at like +6/+8 in Liverpool and was definitely a gateway into the hard House days for me. Strange to say that about a judge jules tune that charted