scottdisco

rip this joint please
if that does come to pass, Old World honour will doubtless be restored by the moveable feast that is Suisse total football :p

god damn this is my post where the number of posts i've made corresponds to my birth-year. (last night in the 'London' thread in the Misc. section i said i would be doing something special to commemorate this fabulous event. ah well, futbol is special, onward and upward, only about 6,000 odd posts to level peg with Mr Tea.)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
By coincidence, my last post corresponds to the year in which I am going to die.

So will Portugal settle for second place, with everything so unclear in Group H? I hoep not - I'd like to see a side with good attacking options take a crack at Brazil.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
By coincidence, my last post corresponds to the year in which I am going to die.

So will Portugal settle for second place, with everything so unclear in Group H? I hoep not - I'd like to see a side with good attacking options take a crack at Brazil.

LOL at first. i hope not too, you know what, absolutely any result between those two today would not surprise me.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
From one of the letters pages today.

THE World Cup is like the last big war.
The French surrendered; the US arrived at the last minute and the English are left to fight the Germans. Let's hope the result is the same.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
I'd be awesome if, after taking a massive hammering, and the coach killing off all the talented players, Russia showed up and kicked Germany's ass.

grizzleb

I was thinking that it would result in the eventual US - Japan final with a record 20-0 scoreline to the Americans. The next 10 world cups will involve total US domination of Latin American teams.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
I was thinking that it would result in the eventual US - Japan final with a record 20-0 scoreline to the Americans. The next 10 world cups will involve total US domination of Latin American teams.

Indeed, but how does one portray a plucky move to decapitate the sleeping Americans at the start of the match?

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
This is the first Wold Cup in which both finalists from the last one have gone out in the first round

Brazil-Portugal is fairly poor so far

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
How many goals would the Ivory Coast need to score in order to qualify, assuming that Portugal loses? It's around 6 right? Assuming that Portugal also do not score on Brazil? Is that how it works?

hucks

Your Message Here
The size of IC's win + size of Portugal's defeat needs to be 9 or greater. Looked like it might have been on for a bit there, when Ivory Coast went 2-0 up in quicktime, but no chance now.

don_quixote

Trent End
dunno why everyone got so excited about portugal-brazil. this is so predictable. sort of hoped brazil would try to uphold their reputation but they have no reputation. ive switch onto cote divoire - dpr. 3-0 now.