Jackin' / Electroline

Pandiculate

this

if you're expecting 2 step swung you're going to be disappointed this is a 4x4 garage skippy hats ting.

Hits you in the hips that's the big diff to tech-house for me

finally found a mix that does this stuff justice, mixed like I would play it, full of energy

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
only 30 mins in but this one's so good :D

this mix is sick!

but then again i am playing in japan so that's no real indication i suppose :confused:

when you next playin out?

NATO

I thought that article was amusing in places and totally irreverent. What got on ur nerves about it Benny? I'm all down for laying into disclosure because of their age (the bastards).

Looking forward to listening to that mix Wise. I hope it's as good as I hope it is, otherwise you're culpable.

Benny Bunter

I think Disclosure are great and finally got round to checking out some of the Hot creations stuff in the last week or so and really enjoying that too. Taking cheap shots at hipsters is a bit rich coming from Vice mag isn't it?

lines like this about Hot Creations

"Peddling the kind of sleek, easy-going house that you only usually hear in women's clothes shops, you've got to wonder who would actually listen to Hot Natured out of choice."

...just fuck off.

that mix wise linked is ace btw, the new C&A one too.

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
benny i felt the same way about that vice article. it was ok, but didn't reallllyyyy make any interesting points. some of it was funny - i liked the thing about having to be as organised as a mum to go to raves these days, and seshy students treating seeing oneman like boy scouts treat a trip to the brecon beacons lol.

i was really expecting to see jackin mentioned too tbh. especially with shuffle house getting a shout...bit too london centric i guess and i guess it was all about poking fun.

funny thing is that stuff like disclosure goes off at the rainbow in brum! they love it! same with bashmore's au seve (sp?). they're like 2 of the big anthems at the jackin raves there alongside things like 'you want me,' 'no diggity' and 'snapbacks' and all the big jackin stuff. that and rudimental, jessie ware, alunuageorge, SBTRKT - you get to hear all of that.

never liked those 2 from disclosure (the really 80s sounding one) and bashmore AT ALL b4 going out there, now i think they're great! big tunes! just goes to show - a little bit of REALLY GOOD RAVING goes a long way. gets your guard down nicely. and i think that's pretty central to the jackin thing tbh.

shuffle, hi hats, internet opinions and whatever all aside - jackin is sick rave music backed by some actual really fucking good dances with real scenes i.e. 2:31 at the rainbow in birmingham and insomnia at mission in leeds which happen like all weekend every weekend (NEED to go, apparently in leeds they go even harder...)

Benny Bunter

aye, I'd love to go to one of these raves, there is nothing like this where I live. Gonna try and reach when I'm back in England in August I think, hope its not all sagged by then.

jimitheexploder

I think Disclosure are great and finally got round to checking out some of the Hot creations stuff in the last week or so and really enjoying that too. Taking cheap shots at hipsters is a bit rich coming from Vice mag isn't it?

"Peddling the kind of sleek, easy-going house that you only usually hear in women's clothes shops, you've got to wonder who would actually listen to Hot Natured out of choice."

...just fuck off.

Haha this made me lol just cos you got angry about it being called clothes shop music then went right into liking a mix by C&A.

ca.jpg

Dislosure and Au Seve are strange ones, again many people wouldn't have been seen dead listening to them in like 09 when that style was just picking up. I dunno, maybe not tho I remember listening to Spyro on Rinse and he dropped Hyph Mngo with grime on a few shows back then.

jimitheexploder

Its really easy to take the piss out of the Hot Creation stuff though it has got that protentious clothes shop organised forced fun tepid thing about it, its really posey and shiny. One cool thing about Jackin is that its got that silly ravy vibe that doesn't give a fuck and its true unashamed and wears its cheesyness on a its sleave. Its pretty much bullet proof for taking the piss out of. Vice are more likly to do a donk like doc again for it than anything else even though there is more of a crossover in sound between hot creation and jackin.

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
anyone going to the Jacked thing at Cable?
bet its not as much fun with a bunch of Londoners

yea i'll be there mate. it definitely will not be, but you know what fuck it cos i still haven't seen lorenzo play out and i bet he'll drop some bangers.

marcus nasty playing jackin has been some of the best clubby nights that i've had out in london recently imo anyway so yea, let's see! :)

at least there will FINALLY be some real current nuum shit going down in london. i'll certainly have my fun, and that's all that matters.

trilliam

You really think so? I read that article too and ended up wanting to slap whoever wrote it. Full of cheap shots and trying far too hard to be funny.

ye its obvs not meant to be taken seriously and whoever wrote it has a gd handle on what they're tlkin bout, me i like hot creations no matter how much zara or h&m like playing benediction (which is ALOT)

"at least there will FINALLY be some real current nuum shit going down in london."

hmmm

NATO

...just fuck off.

Disclosure make great, irresistible music and I think Hot Creations is alright too. This article is just Vice being Vice, fairly harmless stuff.

This Matthew Craig mix is living up to my expectations, banging shit. Warps and woops in all the right places. Need to dl the Cause&Affect mix.

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
"at least there will FINALLY be some real current nuum shit going down in london."

hmmm

yea sorry trill, probs needed a little more explanation there! i just think jackin is so much in the same vein as hardcore, specifically early 90s uk hardcore, when you hear it out that it's uncanny...thus using the n word lol...as in 'hardcore continuum'

it is though. like garage rave. when i heard that ill phil 'all i need' VIP euphoric vocal drop go off at marcus nasty at vibe bar on brick lane (datwun knows the ID, it's huge) i had such a clear vision of london's hardcore heritage it was amazing.

much more instant than at the many many funky, grime, house etc nights i've been going to in london over the past 4, 5 years...i think as a scene jackin is MUCH more in line with rave and hardcore than is immediate from its surface level house and UKG-ness.

just personal taste though there, cos i really like early 90s hardcore. some really brass tech house got wheeled later on that night so my buzz didn't last too long haha!

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
most people who like to drone on about the nuum seem to forget the hardcore part unfortunately

wise

bare BARE BONES
I hope Lamont and Garcia draw some Garage heads to that Jacked night, best nights i'vehad in the last few years have been the garage revival ones, crowds seem a lot more up for it than yr standard dubstep/postdubstep lot

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
best nights i'vehad in the last few years have been the garage revival ones, crowds seem a lot more up for it than yr standard dubstep/postdubstep lot

ahhh, you know what that does not surprise me. do you mean like those enormous ones down at hidden in vauxhall bones mate? always had a good feeling about them. my gf's local to there so see the posters, but never reached...proper ravey like 3 day events and stuff...vauxhall's still great for all that sort of thing...not a very hipster friendly place haha! ;)