Jackin' / Electroline

wise

bare BARE BONES
Still, if you back these things the most important things are surely making the effort to go and trying to contribute to a good vibe.

I would have gone if I hadn't been ill but I don't live in London anymore so I don't really care if Jackin takes off there, in a way I think it'd be better for the music if it didn't to be honest. I'll go and check it out on it's home turf I think.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
yeah thanks for that Ben, my point was that it wasn't a London scene initially but just like Techno, etc that didn't stop people in London getting into it

that wasnt supposed to be combative, just meant give it some time and contribute where you can if you want it to happen

i reckon it could easily work well and doesnt make much sense to me to write off the possibility after one weird sounding rave

Last edited:

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
i reckon it could easily work well and doesnt make much sense to me to write off the possibility after one weird sounding rave

yea, dead sensible ben, good vibes. think everyone was just coming down a bit after friday disappointment haha! ;) certainly not gona stop me going to the next dance in london with tom shorterz and cause & effect billed!

i'm sure marcus nasty killed it too, seems a shame looking back not to have stayed for his set but he was on well late so bailed...

datwun

I'm not saying you can't have fun in London. I'm saying that generally on a London night out you have to 'put up' with a lot. Maybe it's crowd aggrro. Probably it's at least one DJ breaking in to really boring tech house lol. Maybe it's people scowling at you when you smile at them. Maybe it's too many people concerned more about looking cool that partying.

Incidentally my favourite nights out in London recently have been both very low key and based totally on imported music - Jambie's We Buy Gold at the Alibi, pure footwork, juke, trap and 160 all night long, consistently great music, and a crowd which highlights everything wrong with a London crowd lol. And then Marcus Nasty's post-Rinse parties at the Vibe Bar, which is fun cause it's usually a crowd of 20-30 people going apeshit to Jackin (on two very nice Funktion One stacks) on a wednesday.

Birmingham and 2:31 is literally another level right not, it's just that vybe of a scene totally at it's peak, the sense that everyone who parties in the city knows what's going on. It's somewhere between overground and underground, you can ask any 20 something at a pub on Sunday if they were at the Rainbow last night and they'll know what you're on about, but it's not where clubbing tourists go.

What's amazing is there's nothing you have to put up with at 2:31. The vibe's not sleazy, like it doesn't have that stench of desperate sex I find you get in a lot of London clubs, which on the flipside means you can just chat and dance with everyone, guys and girls, without people being defensive or standoffish. I went by myself for New Years and was never without a group of people do dance with, smoke a joint with, chill out with, the vibe is just so positive it's electric. And then the music's banging start to finish, ram packed with totally peak moments of collective euphoria, everyone singing along to You Want Me, big groups of strangers dropping to the floor waiting for the drop to Snapbacks and Tattoos together, people running to the dancefloor from the bar when they hear Nick Hannam's Biggie coming in.

Like I'm from London, I love London, some of the best night's of my life have been in London (Including Butterz back in March '12 and Ben UFO b2b Joy O back in March '11) but honestly it doesn't even compare to the scene in Brum ATM.

Kinda irrelevant for me now anyway as I'm now living in Tokyo! From the small amount I've seen so far the Bass scene seems small here but packed entirely with safe people. What's amazing is how into hard drugs everyone is here!!!! Wait, what I mean is what's amazing is how if you're caught with any amount of marijuana on you whatsoever it's 5 years in jail if you're Japanese, and a month in Jail + deportation + barring from Japan for life if you're a foreigner :confused:
Still, looking forward to getting more involved in the scene here, definitely plenty of stuff to check out! I'm also thinking of getting a Mix-CD out as a business card and trying to piggy back Jackin into the much, much larger Electro house scene out here.

-------

Apparently this track was available for free download but is now available instead for £2 from your local bigtunes!

I absolutely love it though, like where else but Jackin can a mix of deep house, donk and dancehall feel so right?

Some darkside hip-hop mudness from man like Paul Lawrence
http://www.bigtunesmp3.co.uk/search...-bigtunes-exclusive-by-benzo-paul-lawrence/#2

I know this one's a percy of Jambie's! Perfectly cheesy vox X very grimy bassline
http://www.bigtunesmp3.co.uk/tunes/loneliness-by-chester/

UFO over easy

online mahjong
Incidentally my favourite nights out in London recently have been both very low key and based totally on imported music - Jambie's We Buy Gold at the Alibi, pure footwork, juke, trap and 160 all night long, consistently great music, and a crowd which highlights everything wrong with a London crowd lol. And then Marcus Nasty's post-Rinse parties at the Vibe Bar, which is fun cause it's usually a crowd of 20-30 people going apeshit to Jackin (on two very nice Funktion One stacks) on a wednesday.

Birmingham and 2:31 is literally another level right not, it's just that vybe of a scene totally at it's peak

i think that's the crux of it, different cities in different phases. i definitely agree that most of the parties i'd want to go to in london are small. it's been a while since there have been regular, small parties (that push a specific musical vibe anyway) with loyal crowds which haven't relied on lineups necessarily and i think that's a valuable thing

datwun said:
What's amazing is there's nothing you have to put up with at 2:31. The vibe's not sleazy, like it doesn't have that stench of desperate sex I find you get in a lot of London clubs, which on the flipside means you can just chat and dance with everyone, guys and girls, without people being defensive or standoffish

that's really great :)

Last edited:

UFO over easy

online mahjong

"Right I've got a really proud important announcement from next Wednesday night / Thursday morning 1-3am I have got my very own weekly show on Rinse FM - To be on station with DJs such a Redlight , Bicep , T Williams , Roska , Plastician etc is a huge look for me and Im gonna be flying the 02:31 / The Rainbow Venues flag all the way - Joining me on my show will be none other than Chris Causenaffect Lorenzo & Kane CauseNaffect SO spread the love people , but last but not least a massive thanks to Marcus Nastyi for supporting me from day 1 nuff love and ting. Anyways enuff of these essays Im gonna go throw some eggs at oncoming traffic. ♥ "

Elijah

Butterz
Thats good news. Nice to have people from all over the country on Rinse now. People like him, Royal-T, Lucky Me, Numbers, Krystal Kleer, Optimo im sure there are more.

Pandiculate

Really looking forward to that Shorterz show, finally feels like Rinse is looking forward instead of more and more and more house.

datwun

looking forward to that Shorterz show, big news!

I finally got that Jackin mix recorded, this one goes out to Datwun for flying the flag!

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">

:O I'm honoured! Very excited to give it a listen!

Pandiculate: Yup! It's a pretty major deal for jackin! BTW if you're in Tokyo you should come to Night Hunter @ http://www.heavysick.co.jp/zero/ tonight!!! Can get you on the cheap list, should be good!!! Gyt_o you reaching??

wise

bare BARE BONES
tracklist here if anyone wants an id

didn't realise the whole intro to shitty rave music was ripped off this awful brostep tune.
:D jackin is so shameless I love it

Pandiculate

:O I'm honoured! Very excited to give it a listen!

Pandiculate: Yup! It's a pretty major deal for jackin! BTW if you're in Tokyo you should come to Night Hunter @ http://www.heavysick.co.jp/zero/ tonight!!! Can get you on the cheap list, should be good!!! Gyt_o you reaching??

Ah just saw this now. How was it? Looked the flyer it looked pretty sick!

We could all head to Back To Chill this Thursday though; http://iflyer.tv/ja/event/125378/

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice

Thanks for the recommendations wise. Will have a listen to both those mixes.

Had a listen to your Jackin' mix the other day. Really enjoyed it and picked up on some new producers hadn't clocked before.

Haven't had a listen yet but there is a Hannah Wants mix plus Q&A here.

Benny Bunter

looking forward to that Shorterz show, big news!

I finally got that Jackin mix recorded, this one goes out to Datwun for flying the flag!

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">

great mix, shouldn´t really but can´t help but love that pum pums huge track!

continuum

smugpolice
Round up of some riddims been feeling this week:

IYES - Lighthouse (Hannah Wants & Chris Lawrence Remix)
Not new but the sample from the original track is great and has fat bass. 50K+ plays on Souncloud too which is a lot for a Jackin' track on there.

Tom Shorterz - What U Do (Marc Spence Remix)
Zac Mills & Marc Spence - Right Now
Jonah Dotz & Marc Spence - Studio Gangster
Hipped to MS for the first time this week by seeing on Facebook that datwun was playing his tunes on Soundcloud. So many good producers about right now making this music. Even when constantly on the look out you still discover loads you never heard of. Great sign of a style in full flow.

Cavna & Rich Pinder - I Need Somebody
Banging piano track by Cavna. Searched out his Soundcloud after listening to wise's mix.

Cavna & Rich Pinder - Stronger On My Own
Another Cavna tune which peaked my interest during listening to his Soudcloud due to the vocal sample.

Cavna vs Rich Pinder - You Know What's Up
One more Cavna and Rich Pinder track which has superb classy garagey / post dubstep type vibes. I was wrong about lack of variety in Jackin' tunes when posting the other day.

Bad Taste - My House (No Funk Fix)
Bad Taste again with a brand new tune which has a great sample saying that putting words in front of the word House (categorising) is a no no. It's all House at the end of the day.

Lastly some tunes from my new mix that stood out. Did a massive 2 and half hour Bank Holiday spesh last night which I'm just waiting on finishing uploading. Will post in the Mixes section shortly.

Self-Destruct - Trippin' On You
Jackin' track that sounds like Bassline

J Latham - Intro (Remix)
Underrated producer. Need some help ID'ing the sample he uses in this tune.

Shaun Jnr - I Do Both
http://youtu.be/l0B-ZiDg_6w
Great what sounds like mid-90s house organ in this.

datwun

Ah just saw this now. How was it? Looked the flyer it looked pretty sick!

We could all head to Back To Chill this Thursday though; http://iflyer.tv/ja/event/125378/

It was banging!!! Really good sound system! I've been constantly impressed with the quality of DJs out here actually, some really next level technical shit you just don't see in the UK. This guy Seiho was particularly mental: And later in the night there was a DJ going in with straight footwork battle tracks and a circle opened up and everyone started footworking! If you're around on Monday I'll be running a lot of Jackin at this!!
---------

Wise - Big up, the mix is massive! Lots of NRG. Very ravey!

---------

I know this got posted before, but this it just got released on bigtunes:

It's a bit of a game changer innit! Loving this one A LOT. Screwfacing in my bedroom. Absolutely gully, pure grimey vybez, I could even see someone like Slakk liking it...

---------

This guy Low Steppa's a hell of a lot then!
One of those guys who appeared out of nowhere and added about 10 tunes on bigtunes in one go:

Nice Speed Garage vybez on this one

Almost a shuffling thing going on with this one

Love the 'ardkore euphoric breakdown on this one:

-----------
This one's pretty old, but I kind of rediscovered it a couple of days ago. Jambie played it at 2:31 and the crowd went APESHIT. It's one of my favorite Jackin tunes - pure euphoria, pure NRG, the buildup and drop make me feel like I've necked a few Es just listening to the thing. Massively demonstrates the gap between Jackin and most other house. The last time house sounded anything like this was with early 90s breakbeat/piano/rave shit: