Jackin' / Electroline

hopper

Not quite jackin, but thought this was best thread to post it in. Anyone got a track ID for this tune Marcus Nasty has been playing, sounds like Timbaland and Aaliyah doin funky - with squark noises, tumbling drums and amazing marimba/string arrangement? I'll try and up a sample for it. It's on the 13th feb rinse show at 1hr7mins.

datwun

Jackin' from South Africa anyone?
https://soundcloud.com/riot-reaction

Some of these tracks are two years old

really quite good as well.

Lorenzo just announced a 10 day tour of South Africa!! Hannah Wants went last summer too. + there are all these videos of South African girls and guys doing some funny shuffle dance to Tom Garnet tunes. It's obviously a thing!

PS some serious danger on the free D/L from man like Pantha!!!

Who are these guys then??
No nonsense dancefloor ready fiyah! Loving this and 'Baby', also up for sale on bigtunes.

It's funny, with Jackin you have Lorenzo literally in a league of his own, a second tier of people like Nick Hannam, Tom Shorterz, Burkie and... DJ Pantha? Raymond Bliff? Aggz? And then just fuck tons of these nobody producers who make one or two huge tracks and then loads of swag electrohouse, or are just never heard of again.
Also Love to the Max is out on We R Bass on the 11th. Which means one of my only jackin exclusives is about to become a lot less exclusive :(

Last edited:

jimitheexploder

I do quite like that fugees sampling track on the other page. Might be the first jackin tune I've really liked. Does really remind me of that Trouble & Bass, Drop The Lime kinda style of things back in 2007.

http://hypem.com/track/babb/The+Fugees+-+Ready+Or+Not+(Drop+The+Lime+Slime+You+Refix)

I think there was quite a few tracks on that tip back then, I use to have a load. I think they died on a laptop way back tho and I only just remembered the name of Trouble & Bass let alone any of the track names.

ah ha

http://www.discobelle.net/2007/11/16/mixin-it-up-drop-the-lime/

They mention guys like DJ Q too.

continuum

smugpolice
Been looking through the photo's on Facebook from this weekend just gone 02:31 and there are some amazing shots in there.

Here's one I really liked:

Seriously though the photos don't do it justice. There is no sense of how into the music literally everyone is from them. Was giving a friend a lift home the other day from work explaining why it was so good and ended saying that it was because it was one of those rare occasions where there were no people there half into it or similar. There was this club and large group of people you didn't fully know about all into something in a way that you either have never seen or won't have seen for years. Has taken a couple of weeks since I went to fully digest the experience. All I want to do is go back!

gyt_o

Tokyo Jackin'
Hey everyone, I've been avidly reading this thread for a while now, thanks for all the invaluable updates!!

I've just come back from a short tour of China, playing at Shelter in Shanghai and Dada in Beijing and wanted to report that jackin' went down really well at both parties. It was also amazing to bump into NATO and Mr Faucet there!! :D:D:D

Pandiculate

Hey everyone, I've been avidly reading this thread for a while now, thanks for all the invaluable updates!!

I've just come back from a short tour of China, playing at Shelter in Shanghai and Dada in Beijing and wanted to report that jackin' went down really well at both parties. It was also amazing to bump into NATO and Mr Faucet there!! :D:D:D

you were on the Neo Tokyo Bass tour? Saw a few pics on my mates instagram looked sick. I'm totally clueless about Chinas club scene to be honest

gyt_o

Tokyo Jackin'
Yep that was us! It was my first time there too so I haven't much of a clue but was told there weren't any other clubs apart from The Shelter and Dada that were doing anything very interesting. who's your mate by the way?

Last edited:

Pandiculate

Yep that was us! It was my first time there too so I haven't much of a clue but was told there weren't any other clubs apart from The Shelter and Dada that were doing anything very interesting. who's your mate by the way?

Well I guess mate is a bit of a stretch, I met DJ Endless a few times back when Goth Trad was hosting a monthly Dubstep event in Shibuya (Actually googled it and looks like Back to Chill is on tonight at club asia, you playing? I might try and reach). I was a bit drunk and got really excited with him when he played a few grime bits, havent met him since then which I guess is a year n a half ago but got him on facebook/instagram

datwun

Yo, you should definitely hit up Back To Chill, my mate Frankie (DJ Frankly $ick, lol) will be running Jackin in room 3!

PS I arrive in Tokyo next Tuesday, dissensus .jp massive, anyone wanna grab a drink?

mrfaucet

The Ideas Train

Yeah the jackin went off at Shelter, NATO went a bit mad when he heard it. Such an obvious thing to say but it sounds so much better over a good system.

As an aside, there are places that push good music in China, and not even just in Shanghai or Beijing, but yeah Shelter and Dada are two of the main places for it.

NATO

Likewise gyt_o, was great to meet you too. Hope you've managed to get a bit more sleep this week.

My spidey-sense started tingling when I heard Snapbacks and tattoos getting mixed in and I was like Moses parting the red sea on my way to the dancefloor, if the red sea was a handful of drunk ppl.

Honestly it was just refreshing to hear some music that I couldn't resist dancing to. Big up gyt_o!

gyt_o

Tokyo Jackin'
Yo, you should definitely hit up Back To Chill, my mate Frankie (DJ Frankly $ick, lol) will be running Jackin in room 3!

PS I arrive in Tokyo next Tuesday, dissensus .jp massive, anyone wanna grab a drink?

Ah missed out on that BTC, it's mad Frankie's got Room 3 Jackin!! Wonder how it went. I played the upstairs there a few times when Endless was a resident but that was a year or so ago now.

>Datwun : def up for drinks when you arrive! where abouts will you be based?

datwun

Sorry for the shameless plug BUT...!!!

FINAL FEEL ME KARTEL ON WWW.INNACITYFM.COM before I piss off to Japan for two years!!

6-9 tonight! Me and Jambie going in with straight jackin/bassline/donk/northern 4x4 shit!!!

Expect all your favourite jackin anthems plus the latest bigtunes bangerz!!

It should be #emoesh!!!

Hope to see you all on the chatroom!