jimitheexploder

I don't mind this one.

Rest of the EP aint bad either, last one is kinda retro again but still alright like.

Always liked the Deep Teknologi people some years back. Was pretty much this sound but with drums that where more swung.

trilliam

verones posted a couple of tunes off that homegrown house 2, sounding corkerish

morgan interview was kinda interesting, agree with what he's saying about too many just decent djs, a lot of guys playing the same tunes, mixing in non spectacular ways etc, him verone, majesty and ggb r some of the few djs who have the total package. haven't listened to the mix yet but its downloading, browsing soundcloud atm a lot of gold uploaded in the past few days including luke larrell and sol edges mix for their warehouse party dazed, should be a gooden.

anyway in honour of lance actually doing an interview here's a classic set by him from a ukzoo party in 2012. absolute sounds

wise

bare BARE BONES
I really like Radford's radio show but his club mixes are average at best.
Still haven't had time to check sets other than the Carnao and Arun Verrone ones.
Got to work through some of those SC sets this week.
4 rooms at that MoS night is a bit nuts, hard to know where to put yr self.
Havent been to Ministry for years, only remember there being a main room and bar area

continuum

smugpolice
Still haven't had time to check sets other than the Carnao and Arun Verrone ones.
Havent been to Ministry for years, only remember there being a main room and bar area

I'd recommend the Majesty and Lance Morgan sets fom the Frequency night to listen to next. I haven't heard the remaining three yet but hoping to get into them tomorrow.

Listened to the Sol Edge & Luke Larrel Dazed promo mix today and thought it was good, especially the first section.

Also, Truce and Frost have done another new mix which I listened to last night and is really good. Truce is high on my ones to watch list right now.

continuum

smugpolice

Heard this track on a few mixes recently and made a mental note to find out what it was. Turns out is an Amine Edge & DANCE remix of Frank Ocean's 'Lost'. Big, big tune. Singalong bizness.

banshee

can anyone ID the track around 48 mins into the GGB house of joy mix ??? proper stomper

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">

trilliam

Radfords set at golden palace, lovehouse and this frequency set r all persies. Him and carnaos r the best ones from frequency. Thing about rads his mixing aint world beating but the exclusive tunes r too much

Last edited:

vvvwwwv

Just had a wicked interview with Mark Radford for my forthcoming deep tech article :cool: #nothinglong

(And I managed to actually record it this time!
good work man, looking forward to reading that. can't just come in here and say you know something we don't about luke larrell and then fuck off haha

unfortunately not got the cash to reach ministry but when you've got omar s, moodymann, bicep, midland and paul woolford within walking distance from ur house on the same night it eases the pain.

morgan interview was kinda interesting, agree with what he's saying about too many just decent djs, a lot of guys playing the same tunes, mixing in non spectacular ways etc
most scenes suffer from this these days though, byproduct of having to be a dj if you want to make any kind of living from music.

trilliam

think its that luke larrell used to be flukes aka wifey riddim? someone mentioned it earlier on here, if not im stumped but looking forward to that article stil.

@banshee that tune hasn't come out but it's by truce and will probably be released on SOTU

wise

bare BARE BONES
Radfords set at golden palace, lovehouse and this frequency set r all persies. Him and carnaos r the best ones from frequency. Thing about rads his mixing aint world beating but the exclusive tunes r too much

Yeah the selection's great, but the mixing, not so much :slanted:
that Golden Palace set was the one that made everything click for me, definitely turned my head

Last edited:
I came across a tune on a soundcloud mix a week or two back, but can't for the life of me remember what the set was. Anyway the track's by one of the bigger producers and it might be called 'The realest', samples Mobb Deep Shook Ones if I remember rightly. Either that or some other 90's New York rap classic. Does anyone know who produced it?