The Queen is Dead!

luka

im not asking anyone to like the queen. i personally dont like the queen. im just asking please to understand the point i was making. its so werid that this is such a huge stumbling block. i honestly dont get it.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Why people like the queen - because they’re deeply insecure about something + making £ + some kind of collective reset for an ageing population facing death before she dies

Public images? Inheritance, ageing population, displays as mnemonic signifiers

luka

very few people care about the queen bar a few women with fat arms from the shires who do a lot of baking

luka

im not an english nationalist! im not a royalist! i keep trying to tell you lot! its a red herring! i even think northern ireland should fuck off out the union

luka

let the ira win. surrender to them. i dont care. let them have it. its not even good anyway. have belfast. have luton too. fuck it. take it.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
It’s a machine, pageantry. Compartmentalised. Gives the military a pr role. Look at the Red Arrows woosh past, kids. The 77 jubilee was Jimmy Savile noncing everywhere jingle jangle, he’d fix you alright

Of course the establishment and town councils and every hr manager is going to run with it and events add to your bovinites scope to roam in a civic context. Add pubs, stalls and all the clutter/disposable detritus floating round by Tuesday

Hr essentially, hr depts fucking everything for everyone

luka

i just dont think the national mood is one of being sucked in and in thrall to paganentry. i think there is an aquiesence but its more ambivalent than that and its agreeing to participate on its own terms