Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
late night smooth fm is underrated tbh. proper cheltenham housewife 80s nostalgic psychedelia. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

craner

Beast of Burden
Anyway, Spandau had pretensions to be European, although there is a good bit in the film Soul Boys of the Western World where Steve Norman explains that when they went to do a residency in St Tropez in 1980 they didn't do anything more cultural or sophisticated than sunbathing and drinking lager.

luka

drinking lager was sophisticated and continental in the eighties. so was sunbathing come to think of it.

craner

Beast of Burden
Martin Kemp presented it as proof of their working class East End roots. Not going to look at churches or drinking wine or any of that nonsense!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
tbf everything was sophisticated in 1980s mingerland even the currey places. it was either pie n mash or starve yerself to death. at least in turkey mans used to sniff paint thinner when they couldn't afford to eat.

Leo

I've done very little party DJing, but I played that track at around 1:00 am at a holiday bash about seven years ago and everyone on the dance floor was drunkenly pumping their fist in the air and shouting lyrics during the "we don't need this pressure on" chorus, LOL.

followed it with "promised land", had to go deep to cool things off a bit, the place was about to blow.

DLaurent

I listen to Radio 2 in the car these days, it's rare they play anything decent, but last year stuck on the M5 around Bristol during peak tourist season they played this and it sounded good.

Status
Not open for further replies.