woops

is not like other people
Twelve year olds in front turning round telling him to calm down a bit.
this reminds me of when an old lady was asked what she thought of all the sex and violence in today's cinema. she answered that she always sits in the front row and can't see any of that stuff happening

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
My whole thing is I'm the Uomo Universale.

I jump out of my seat for Spidey bopping Thanos on the nose but I'm also to be found in NFT2 for a showing of Un Chien Andalou. I dance in the mirror to Carly Rae Jepsen, and frown in my armchair to Schoenberg.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
"Hamlet is a human being, but he is a son only. Ulysses is son to Laertes, but he is father to Telemachus, husband to Penelope, lover of Calypso, companion in arms of the Greek warriors around Troy and King of Ithaca. He was subjected to many trials, but with wisdom and courage came through them all. Don’t forget that he was a war dodger who tried to evade military service by simulating madness. He might never have taken up arms and gone to Troy, but the Greek recruiting sergeant was too clever for him and, while he was ploughing the sands, placed young Telemachus in front of his plough. But once at the war the conscientious objector became a jusqu’auboutist. When the others wanted to abandon the siege he insisted on staying till Troy should fall."

IdleRich

IdleRich
Ulysses was always my favourite hero when I was younger. Cos he was smart as well as having unbelievable super-human strength (which barely gets a mention except for example when he lands on that island where they throw the discus and he picks it up and on his first throw chucks it's twice as far as anyone ever has before). Much better than Achilles who (thought he) was inviincible.
No way the sergeant outsmarted him, didn't Hera or Athena or someone whisper in his ear to put the baby there?

woops

is not like other people
also he had that magic shield he could turn on or off
Ulysses-31-force-shield-h1.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
That programme was no doubt a big part of why I liked Ulysses/Odysseus so much, same as how I read The Three Musketeers after Dogtanian was on telly.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I very much see Luka and Craner as Iron Man and Captain America.

They were the best of friends - until they were the worst of enemies.

version

I thought coming into the film oh I'm a fucking expert I know everything about these films I just watched 100 hours of marvel in five days but then half it just flew over my head. Like Supergirl appearing out of nowhere looking like Jack Monroe
Stan and I did recommend watching them in order.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
aren't you guys afraid all this marvel binging is gonna backfire dramatically? it's like eating mcdonalds, fine while you're chewing on it but afterwards you're left with complete emptiness. take care of yourselves please!