Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
its the fact that all he wants to do is drink Rose and entertain Sun journalists is the reason why he'll probably be a much better Prime Minister than whoever is next in line. Much better than Starmer would be. He would probably personally flay you and wear your skin as a boiler suit. that's my prediction and you can hold me to it.
Now that you're a fully paid-up, card-carrying member of the Conservative party, I hope you've gone the whole hog and have bought a nice pair of plum cords, a green blazer, shiny brown Oxford brogues, etc.

Leo

We FaceTimed this weekend with a 76-year old English relative who's a Tory voter, her attitude was "Oh, his opponents are making a big deal about something that happened over a year ago, who cares? Move on." She's a pretty normal person, an average retiree, not some posh supporter or far-right nutter.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
We FaceTimed this weekend with a 76-year old English relative who's a Tory voter, her attitude was "Oh, his opponents are making a big deal about something that happened over a year ago, who cares? Move on." She's a pretty normal person, an average retiree, not some posh supporter or far-right nutter.

Yeah, you feel like Johnson could be caught on camera doing coke off a hooker's tits while on the phone to Putin to sell him the Royal Navy for fifty quid and no-one would care.

OK, some people would care, but a huge number of people would say something like:

"I'm sure he's under a lot of stress."
"The important thing is that he delivered Brexit."
"It's just Remoaners/Labour/the woke mob weaponizing things against him."
"Can you imagine how much worse it'd be with Corbyn in charge?!"
"Lol, what is he like! Total legend!!!"

and then vote Conservative at the next election.

Leo

She didn't even try to make an excuse for Boris, just basically shrugged her shoulders.

jenks

thread death
Trying to blame Labour for Saville in the middle of his so called apology was odd and rather tin eared.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Oh if it was a year ago.... waaaaaaaay back in the mists of time. Barely counts as within living memory - admittedly cos Tory incompetence means that so many are dead - really makes you think how many people there are who won't let go of things and still bear a grudge for things that happened much further into the past, what's wrong with them eh?

Reactions: Leo

luka

I'd call the noise complaints team, and tell the police they'd been noncing for good measure

IdleRich

IdleRich
Are people really that indignant about parties?
I think people are annoyed about a situation where someone makes a rule and tells everyone else to obey, going out of his way to praise a child who has done so and with the home secretary specifically saying that she would definitely call the police if she knew about someone breaking the rules and with many people indeed being arrested and fined for breaking it - and then it turned out that that very someone had been repeatedly completely ignoring the very rule he'd made and laughing in the faces of everyone who had obeyed it.

It's about the law, principles and hypocrisy - only the very dishonest try to deflect by pretending it's about parties and only the truly stupid believe it.