Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

"I ain't seen nothing but government vehicles these last twenty years. Just those black agents cars with their blacked out windows and their men in black suits. That kinda freedom is a thing of the past. No more open road now Kurt."

"Yeah well it won't be that way forever partner, it won't be that way forever"

sufi

lala
Assuming that you accept the basic "there's a bug going around" what part of this hasn't been bleeding obvious since early spring.
"Understanding Aerosol transmission may be key" well duh
Sorry to link to the Gruaniad, there are lots of links in that article to academic papers stating the completely obvious - coughs and sneezes... it' almost like there's a conspiracy of simply failing to grasp the basics - why has it taken 10 months to get to this and still they are like " o well it might be you'll catch it if someone coughs up yr nose" ffs

Leo

Assuming that you accept the basic "there's a bug going around" what part of this hasn't been bleeding obvious since early spring.
"Understanding Aerosol transmission may be key" well duh
Sorry to link to the Gruaniad, there are lots of links in that article to academic papers stating the completely obvious - coughs and sneezes... it' almost like there's a conspiracy of simply failing to grasp the basics - why has it taken 10 months to get to this and still they are like " o well it might be you'll catch it if someone coughs up yr nose" ffs

what am I missing here? this has been known and reported on all year, hasn't it?

mixed_biscuits

Matt Hancock has hoped that more testing would be the solution to every Covid problem. We are now embarked on ‘Moonshot’ plans to test us all daily at a cost of £114 billion (the same as the costs for the whole of the rest of the NHS). SAGE estimate that Moonshot will mean 41% of us having to self-isolate every six months and 2 million of us under house arrest at any one time if we reduce self-isolation to 10 days. Matt Hancock needs to urgently understand that testing is not a panacea and carries with it a suite of problems when done at this scale and under such pressure.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I think the USA is holding out fairly well, but that might last exactly one week.
You mean Trump is the bulwark preventing US society from becoming a nightmarish police state far exceeding the worst nightmares of Zamyatin or Orwell?
If Biden wins it will be imposed within the hour.... shit.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Kurt Slaughter looks at his government rations with contempt remembering the America of his youth: Gleaming red cans of Coca-Cola, orange eezy-cheez oozing over freshly grilled beef patties, red hot Cheetos, Oreo cookies, toasted marshmallows, tater tots, fully loaded nachos, macaroni salad, and he makes a vow, from this day forth I will fight and fight till my dying breath to Make America Great Again"
But he faces a terrifying and implacable enemy in the form of jackbooted and incorruptible police chief Jack "I am the" Law.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I ain't seen nothing but government vehicles these last twenty years. Just those black agents cars with their blacked out windows and their men in black suits. That kinda freedom is a thing of the past. No more open road now Kurt."

"Yeah well it won't be that way forever partner, it won't be that way forever"
Surely they would be pink though or beige or some other namby-pamby metrosexual colour.

luka

I guess I wasn't holding this specific vision of a vegan communist totalitarian tofu state firmly enough in my mind

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You mean Trump is the bulwark preventing US society from becoming a nightmarish police state far exceeding the worst nightmares of Zamyatin or Orwell?
If Biden wins it will be imposed within the hour.... shit.
If Biden wins, his BLM shock troops will confiscate every privately owned firearm in the country and immediately start beating anyone who is heard using gendered pronouns. With dildos. Made from soy.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Some fairly grim news from Sweden:

"Even more worrying, evidence has emerged that many sick elderly patients were effectively automatically denied access to treatment, to avoid hospitals being overwhelmed. One March 17 FHM directive to Stockholm hospitals stated any patients over 80 or with a body mass index above 40 should not be admitted to intensive care, because they were less likely to recover. Other reports describe sick care home residents being administered a palliative cocktail of morphine and midazolam, because the homes were not equipped to administer oxygen, something some doctors have described as ‘active euthanasia.’

“The government didn’t protect the most vulnerable members of society,” says Ewing. “People were triaged out of healthcare and given ‘No Hospital’ notes on their journals, before they got sick. And this was not only for patients who were suspected of having Covid-19. A person who got a urinary tract infection and required hospitalisation, for example for IV antibiotics or fluids, would not get that care either. They received palliative medicine instead."

Leo

Some fairly grim news from Sweden:

"Even more worrying, evidence has emerged that many sick elderly patients were effectively automatically denied access to treatment, to avoid hospitals being overwhelmed. One March 17 FHM directive to Stockholm hospitals stated any patients over 80 or with a body mass index above 40 should not be admitted to intensive care, because they were less likely to recover. Other reports describe sick care home residents being administered a palliative cocktail of morphine and midazolam, because the homes were not equipped to administer oxygen, something some doctors have described as ‘active euthanasia.’

“The government didn’t protect the most vulnerable members of society,” says Ewing. “People were triaged out of healthcare and given ‘No Hospital’ notes on their journals, before they got sick. And this was not only for patients who were suspected of having Covid-19. A person who got a urinary tract infection and required hospitalisation, for example for IV antibiotics or fluids, would not get that care either. They received palliative medicine instead."

Sarah Palin's famed "death panels" have arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.