Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

It will piss off the large numbers that have been complying and have no effect on the others.

the people who wear masks and social distance are only pissed at those who do neither. that original tweet wouldn't upset them, it's more manufactured controversy.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
There was a lad at our school who would huff bags all day every day. You’d be in physics and he’d just waltz in with a pair of massive headphones on and two coat hangers unbound to act as antennas.

A lost breed.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Copied from a mate's FB:

Things I have learned from social media this week: if they give the vaccine to the rich first it’s a conspiracy, if they give it to the poor first it’s a conspiracy, if they let people choose it’s a conspiracy, If they enforce vaccination it’s a conspiracy, if they give it to at risk people first it’s a conspiracy, if they give it to a very few people first it’s a conspiracy, if they give it as widely as possible it’s a conspiracy, if they give it to key workers first it's a conspiracy, if they don't give it to key workers first it's a conspiracy, because they announced it after the election it's a conspiracy, if they had announced it before the election it would have been a conspiracy, if they give it to a random spread of people first (as they have) it’s a conspiracy, oh and my favourite: because they announced it on "9/11" (the ninth of november), it's...... "significant".
Have I missed any key scenarios?

Put like that, it's pretty clearly a conspiracy.

What's he saying here? 🤔

But there’s other good news that might be overlooked: the subjects in the control groups did well too, though not as well as in the active groups.

The infection rate was around 0.4% in the Pfizer control group and around 0.6% in the Moderna control group.

There were 11 severe cases of COVID in the Moderna trial, out of 30,000 subjects, all in the control group.

There were 0 severe cases of COVID in the Pfizer trial in either group, out of 43,000 subjects.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
How many thousands of new infections a day does it take for you to grasp the numbers squire? What does the overall picture look like nationally? What does the NHS admission rate look like?

3 out of your 9 are increasing, 1 is just about flattening. You’ve proved my point. Imagine those graphs without a 2nd national lockdown.

It’s like liaising with tinned spam, but by all means continue thinking you’ve got it all sorted in your own bonce. Death isn’t an abstraction

vimothy

yurp
another factor is whether local buy-in affects the efficacy of the lockdown. like, no one gives a shit round here any more. is this a problem? presumably it is.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
why is it that sweden seem to have escaped the second wave?
Their rate of new infections is at an all time high. Their death rate seems to be declining after a small second bump, but I guess that's because they know how to care for patients better now and maybe because most of their very vulnerable died already.

But as I've pointed out about 300 times, it's certainly not the case that a country must "doing OK" just because their death rate isn't horrific, because many people who don't die will nonetheless be left in a pretty bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.