Status
Not open for further replies.

version

State police brandishing firearms raided the home of Rebekah Jones, the former Department of Health data scientist who built the state's much-praised COVID-19 dashboard before being fired over what she said was refusing to "manipulate data."

Jones — who launched her own COVID-19 dashboard after she was fired, and used crowdsourcing to raise money to support it — said the agents knocked on her door around 8:30 a.m. that morning, took all her "hardware and tech" after showing her a warrant based on a complaint filed by the Florida Department of Health.
Clip.

• Wow
Reactions: Leo

version

She's blaming DeSantis. Apparently he wanted the data cooked to justify reopening, she refused and was fired then carried on working from home and now they've sent the police round to shut her up. They pulled guns on her and her husband and kids.

version

Meanwhile the conspiracy theorists are spending their time twisting themselves in knots trying to support the Republicans whilst an actual conspiracy unfolds in front of them.

chava

deaths in Sweden are 10 times higher than in neighboring countries with similar population size.
In fact more Danish people dies each day adjusted for pop size compared to Sweden, as Swedish people are older and healthier.

chava

so Sweden never locked down yet saw a recent six-fold increase. does that not call into question the decision to not have some sort of precautions?
More people work from home in Sweden than in Denmark. More industries closed down in Sweden and less mobility throughout the country. High schools and univeristies closed for a longer period than Denmark. Care homes stayed closed far longer as well. It is a illusion that Sweden did not change their behaviour. Remember Sweden are the most authoritarian people in Europe. They adhere to the social codes like no other.

I don't really care but that's not true is it. Denmark are 5m ish & Sweden 10m ish.

Denmark have had 800 odd? Sweden numbers already discussed.

To be honest the knob waving about death counts etc is absurd to me anyway. Vast majority of western society are proving their incompetence over it every day. Realistically we should be in uproar over how poorly its been handled, but instead everyone is caught up in shitty arguments about lockdowns and "do masks work"

At least the media spin still works eh

chava

The most succesful response in the western world came from the countries that most recently was under authoritarian rule (Eastern Europe), too bad they did the hard lockdown in the Summer and not now.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
“They were serving a warrant on my computer after DOH filed a complaint. They pointed a gun in my face. They pointed guns at my kids.

They took my phone and the computer I use every day to post the case numbers in Florida, and school cases for the entire country. They took evidence of corruption at the state level."

@mixed_biscuits @HMGovt This is what an *actual* health-crisis conspiracy looks like.

luka

I've always had a mania for reading every post in every thread but I'm now realising the thing to do is to ignore 50% of threads for a better dissensus more focussed and exclusive dissensus experience. Ignore all politics. Ignore this. Ignore deep house. Etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.