Status
Not open for further replies.

sus

Zizek talks a lot about "the exception that proves the rule": totalizing and absolutist ideology must have a rhetorical strategy for handling cases that display an opposing pattern

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Here we have a classic example of a liberal attempting to handle cognitive dissonance of clashing evidence: he uses recourse to a "disinformation campaign" which he has learned all about from reading The Guardian
Haha but also fuck off with this alt-right adolescent edgelord act. This stuff is well documented and not limited to *thumbs through Dictionary of Reliable Digs at Liberals* the Guardian.

The real tragedy is people doing their bit to protect the interests of a multi trillion dollar industry while imagining themselves righteous rebels. I mean come the fuck on.

catalog

who was it on here who had the plandemic theory that we need 90% cull because of climate change and that's what the corona's really about? I think it was you biscults, but could be wrong

catalog

ok i'm glad we cleared that up. those numbers quoted recently, about this year being the worst since the blitz. yikes.

mixed_biscuits

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm so convinced by that random factoid from a century during which people said and did things that we now know to be largely wrong.
Are you saying it isn't true? This is a new low, even for you.

On the one hand, "I follow the science." On the other hand, ignorance of a fact you'd know if you'd paid attention in your Combined Science GCSE.

Last edited:

Leo

Problem is that everyone's body is different, so trials should try to pick out risks for individuals within smaller and smaller groups-with-commonalities, rather than stating that 'this works overall for the average' from a study of a large lump of people - a problem with 'evidence-based medicine' overriding your long-standing personal doctor's view.

agree. but the other tradeoff governments have to make is weighing the time it takes to do that level of trials versus getting something out quicker that helps a large percentage of the population. obviously, they would ideally like to have their cake and eat it too, get sometime out that's safe, asap. there have to be some judgment calls on that balance.

luka

on the one hand science is made up and mr tea is always wrong on the other hand Gus is alt right and always wrong he had to leave NYC after sexual haressment allegations. this is tearing me apart.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
All those flu jabs being pushed out pre-Covid. What a Liberal con. MMR jabs completely futile, anti-viral drugs for HIV another waste of resources. I long for a world with small pox, every day.

@sceptics does this cover it?

Status
Not open for further replies.