Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

ASOS buys Topshop, Topman, Miss Selfridge and HIIT brands
On Monday, the online fashion retailer confirmed it has purchased the Topshop, Topman, Miss Selfridge and HIIT brands from retail group Arcadia in a deal worth £295 million. The deal does not include the brands' stores, meaning thousands of people will likely lose their jobs.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
another thing that will happen is that everybody who is doing homeoffice right now is gonna be outsourced to low wage countries. if it's not necessary anymore to be physically present why bother paying a london wage?

Pandiculate

another thing that will happen is that everybody who is doing homeoffice right now is gonna be outsourced to low wage countries. if it's not necessary anymore to be physically present why bother paying a london wage?
I don't know I get the feeling at my work that everything is slowly falling apart, you have to be really well organised to have everyone 100% WFH and keep the momentum going when you start adding new people and such.

I was interviewing for a few places last month and they all were saying they'd do 2-3 days at home and rest in the office when things get back to normalish.

mixed_biscuits

Talking heads on the news saying 'I love the idea of people being put into isolation under armed guard when coming into the country' doesn't appear to raise eyebrows as it would have done a couple of years ago.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
She-he said it was possible and I took the matter no further.
I've just had a look at the figures. Power absorbed by a person standing 100 m from a 5G tower could literally cook you like a microwave oven!!!! if it were turned up by a factor of just one billion. 😱

mixed_biscuits

I've just had a look at the figures. Power absorbed by a person standing 100 m from a 5G tower could literally cook you like a microwave oven!!!! if it were turned up by a factor of just one billion. 😱
Presumably it decreases by a squared factor, so what increase is required to do this from 6m?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Presumably it decreases by a squared factor, so what increase is required to do this from 6m?
Well an order of magnitude decrease in distance would mean two orders of magnitude increase in power density, so you're talking just one ten millionth the intensity of a microwave oven.

Can you even get that close to the towers, though?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The funniest part is that at typical urban distances from the masts, you're getting a much higher dose of microwave radiation from your own phone than from the masts.

Status
Not open for further replies.