Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Would someone tell me how this happened? We were the fucking vanguard of shaving in this country. The Gillette Mach3 was the razor to own. Then the other guy came out with a three-blade razor. Were we scared? Hell, no. Because we hit back with a little thing called the Mach3Turbo. That's three blades and an aloe strip. For moisture. But you know what happened next? Shut up, I'm telling you what happened—the bastards went to four blades. Now we're standing around with our cocks in our hands, selling three blades and a strip. Moisture or no, suddenly we're the chumps. Well, fuck it. We're going to five blades.
Sure, we could go to four blades next, like the competition. That seems like the logical thing to do. After all, three worked out pretty well, and four is the next number after three. So let's play it safe. Let's make a thicker aloe strip and call it the Mach3SuperTurbo. Why innovate when we can follow? Oh, I know why: Because we're a business, that's why!
You think it's crazy? It is crazy. But I don't give a shit. From now on, we're the ones who have the edge in the multi-blade game. Are they the best a man can get? Fuck, no. Gillette is the best a man can get.
What part of this don't you understand? If two blades is good, and three blades is better, obviously five blades would make us the best fucking razor that ever existed. Comprende? We didn't claw our way to the top of the razor game by clinging to the two-blade industry standard. We got here by taking chances. Well, five blades is the biggest chance of all.
Here's the report from Engineering. Someone put it in the bathroom: I want to wipe my ass with it. They don't tell me what to invent—I tell them. And I'm telling them to stick two more blades in there. I don't care how. Make the blades so thin they're invisible. Put some on the handle. I don't care if they have to cram the fifth blade in perpendicular to the other four, just do it!

• Haha
Reactions: sus

Leo

can you explain what she means? if "transmissible viral particles are aerosolized and linger in the air", then wouldn't a mask at least partially shield you from inhaling the particles?

mixed_biscuits

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Makes no sense to me, since an aerosol is a mist of droplets, so I'm not sure how one thing is supposed to be opposed to the other.

The use of the word 'sheep' as an insult is pretty convincing, on the other hand.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I guess it partially would tho' the Danish mask study didn't show significant benefits for the mask wearers.
Did you miss the memo about how masks are supposed to protect other people, not the wearer? The message that's been repeated over and over again for the last year?

mixed_biscuits

btw. lab tests on masks have shown that they filter both inward and outward-moving viral particles; the message is there primarily to get people to wear them in the first place by emotional blackmail and through encouraging the public to police each other.

PS. there is at least one peer-reviewed paper that demonstrates that cloth masks filter large droplets into smaller ones which hang around for longer etc.

In biological terms, viral information propagation proceeds through horizontal gene transfer. A virus will transport the genes of one of its hosts into another, allowing genes to be shared laterally across species, classes, orders, and even kingdoms.6 Thus, if species are individuated on the basis of their genetics, if DNA is a barcode for the biological subject, then the virus is nature’s de-subjectivizing machine. The synchronizers of ecosystems, viruses promote coevolution by entangling the genetic trajectory of all forms of life they encounter. The virus is a stranger to the arboreal order given to life through genealogical categorization. Instead, the virus acts as a connective element that unravels this tree of life, encountering each body as if it exists on its own plane beyond the genus or the kingdom.

Today we see this very mode of virality begin to undo existing political genealogies. If revolutionary processes in the twentieth century were commanded by specific constituted groups, whether the party, unions, or classes, in today’s uprisings these forces are replaced by memes, infographics, and Instagram stories. Flows of information break through their cybernetic constraints and help leaderless groups coordinate actions with complete strangers. Revolts become the only connective element of an increasingly fragmented socius, calling into question pre-codified alliances and identities without ever congealing into a constituent body or coherent revolutionary subject. Virality designates a mode of contagion that destabilizes the way constituted groups interface with one another, confusing their position within the established order, which prepares the ground on which destituent powers can emerge.

The advent of the coronavirus pandemic has solidified a destabilization of the categories that uphold the Western political order, and the state-administered and popular responses reflect this destabilization in their confusion: right-wingers appear to carry the torch of freedom as they protest against lockdowns, while the left clings to rules and regulations and reacts to the right-wing. Though the political poles seem to have momentarily been inverted, it is no surprise that neither pole, nor any established political power, has produced a response that addresses the root of our collective malady. Only the global wave of insurrections point to a horizon, still vague, beyond new forms of economic control that hold all life on earth hostage. While these uprisings seem to trespass the political categories of the twentieth century, the absence (or perhaps obsolescence) of party, class, and program also subjects them to a similar confusion as that which plagues the parties of order. This demands that we clarify new figures of thought for our time. Only by learning the language of the virus—its undoing of political genealogies, its latent reconfiguration of the social body, and the ancient speed at which it moves—can we begin to intuit these new figures.

Difficult to summarise but the paragraphs I’ve taken out are the crux. It fuses virality in organisms and virality in the social body very well. Quite grapejuicy in that sense. And argues that there’s a lot of potential on the strange reconfigurations and reversals of eg left and right modes of operation like you’ve pointed out. It also mentions several other things you really like: breathing, computers, total collapse and extinction, memes and stuff.

mixed_biscuits

The Covid19 crisis has presented a challenge to anarchists and others who believe in a fully autonomous and liberated life. We write this today because we feel too many people who in better times carry these political and philosophical banners are setting aside their core beliefs – or worse – twisting and contorting those beliefs in wholly disappointing ways, conforming to the mandates of technocrats and politicians, and are convincing themselves that doing so is some grand act of solidarity with the most vulnerable people in our societies.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Difficult to summarise but the paragraphs I’ve taken out are the crux. It fuses virality in organisms and virality in the social body very well. Quite grapejuicy in that sense. And argues that there’s a lot of potential on the strange reconfigurations and reversals of eg left and right modes of operation like you’ve pointed out. It also mentions several other things you really like: breathing, computers, total collapse and extinction, memes and stuff.

endogenous retrovirus

Status
Not open for further replies.